[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Squadrons
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? fadingtrails
Are you playing in VR? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Dogfight
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. I'd just finished a game. When the counter to return to the main menu reached zero, the game loaded into a new Dogfight, which had already started.
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Dogfight, Galitan. Also happened once before on Esseles.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 10/06/21 19:30 GMT
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Can play, but it's highly frustrating
What happens when the bug occurs? The HUD doesn't load, making it very difficult to play. When I pause, I get a blank background. When I'm killed, I get a blank background until I'm back in the action. The lack of HUD persists throughout the match, including the postmatch debriefing. The controls don't work at all when the game is paused or when I'm out of play and in the map screen (which I can't see). During debriefing I can press start which only darkens the character models. It's possible I'm unable to fire missiles. I wasn't hearing lock-on SFX either. Time stamps in linked video's description.
What do you expect to see? Obvious from above.
Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." X-Wing, TIE-Fighter
What components were you using? Standard for X-Wing.
Which customizations (if any) were you using? The purple Twi'lek girl, with Keo's race suit and gloves.

‌This has happened twice. Each time when loading into an active Dogfight after I'd finished another.

I'm not sure if I've ever not had the bug occur in these circumstances. I haven't played many dogfights, and its severity led me to report it when it happened a second time. It's obviously a major handicap.

I haven't made changes to HUD options. I've only moved flight controls around.

Another bug occured before when I loaded into a Dogfight from the main menu, and the game was muted and I couldn't control the fighter or pause the game. There was no issue with the DS4 as I could hold the PS button to access quick controls. I tried turning the DS4 on and off, which didn't help. In the end, aIl could do was close the application. I believe this bug occured because I was in the Customization menu and I'd just pressed L2 to load the Imperial shipyard. The game found a match just as it was about to load into the new shipyard.

Anyway, here's the video of the original bug report.

https://youtu.be/AdoiTN4-gqk

1:37 Start of second match.

1:59 I try pausing the game and get a blank background (controls don't work)

2:05 I get killed and get a blank background until I respawn (controls don't work)

2:31 Match ends. Player names aren't shown

2:42 Debriefing screen shows a blank background

3:01 You can see me press start a few times, which darkens the character models

Message 1 of 1 (424 Views)