by Olddevstorm

Original Post

[PS4] My sims can't marry

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, patio stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? One sim proposes to another, the second agrees. The first sim, the proposer, has had three previous marriages, but all her husbands are dead. Their spirits were released.
What happens when the bug occurs? The options for both planning a wedding and elopment are greyed out and hovering the cursor over them displays a comment along the lines of 'this sim can't marry a sim i n their employ' . The proposer is a writer, living off royalties and previous husband's money. The other sim works as a tech guru elsewhere. Neither works for the other.
What do you expect to see? Them to elope.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I would simply like my black widow sim to continue. Things worked just fine until the tech guru. Stopped this game cold. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 5 (1,986 Views)

My sims are engaged but cant get married...

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Fp01:1asset.live-fp01.67
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous, seasons, cat & dog, city living, get to work, parenthood, vampire, dine out, retreat, laundry day,toddler stuff,vintage glamorous, kitchen, luxury & both the free packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'd hope you know how to fix your game. Please share this information with me.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get this... Marrying a sim in your employer would be inappropriate. Dismiss them from their role to further pursue a relationship. Neither of my sims work together nor for eachother. And they are engaged.
What do you expect to see? I expect for my get married button to work, so my sims can get married.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 2 of 5 (1,757 Views)

Re: My sims are engaged but cant get married...

Champion

This is a known bug. I think it has already been reported for the PS4 version here: [PS4] My sims can't marry.

It also affected PC players, but according to the recent patch, this was fixed there. So I'd guess a PS4 fix would come along soon too, or at least when StrangerVille is also released on console.

On PC it was an issue that appeared if your sim has multiple significant other relationships e.g. multiple boyfriends or girlfriends at the same time. To enable marriage, the workaround is to go around all previous lovers and ask them to just be friends or break up, so that you're only "significant other" is the person you're going to marry.

Message 3 of 5 (1,751 Views)

Hero
@ItsBossDiva

I merged your post with the one @simvasion linked

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,740 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah i kind of figured having multiple boyfriends was a problem so i brokeup with everyone but one person. Its like he refuses to breakup. After i request to just be friends he yell and curse at her then walk away. He never leave nor do his love bar go away, its as if i never asked to be friends. Ive tried this multiple times and get the same results with this one guy, he just wont take no for a answer ;(

Message 5 of 5 (1,700 Views)