[PS4] Lovers Invited to Stay the Night Won't Sleep

by Figblat

Original Post

[PS4] Lovers Invited to Stay the Night Won't Sleep

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Deluxe Edition, City Living, Dine Out, Perfect Patio, Vintage Glamour, Luxury Party, Cool Kitchen, Romantic Garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Invite a romantic interest NPC to stay the night.
What happens when the bug occurs? After WooHoo or simply going to bed, the NPC will refuse to sleep in the bed, will not nap on couches, and will wander until either leaving in the morning or passing out on the floor. If they pass out on the floor, they will wake up and leave saying they are experiencing a "personal emergency".
What do you expect to see? I expect the NPC that my sim is dating would feel fine sharing a bed, as they used to, and would sleep normally alongside my sim through the night.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have been away from Sims4 for a few months. I used to never have any issues with NPC romantic interests sleeping with my sim. They would flirt, grow romantic with each other, and have their first kiss. As soon as the WooHoo option was available, the two had no qualms over sleeping together. Come back a few months later, NPC partners refuse to ever sleep with my sim, or seemingly even in their house. Immediately after WooHoo, the NPC will get out of bed and wander the house all night, until eventually leaving in the morning, or passing out on the floor from exhaustion. This should not be the case. It was never an issue before. Romantically involved sims would freely sleep together (after WooHoo or even just simply going to sleep.) I'm not sure which patch or pack could have caused this issue to arise, because I installed at least two patches and the Dine Out, Romantic Garden, Luxury Party and Cool Kitchen packs all at the same time (as I said, I had been away from Sims4 for several months.) Their romance and friendship gauges are 50% or more, or even full, and still won't sleep together. It makes no sense to me. Especially considering that the NPC sims are definitely and obviously tired, considering they are face planting the floor and passing out. It is not a pathing issue, as all sides of the bed are completely accessible, and the couch is fully accessible as well (they won't even nap on the couches...) Weird and frustrating.

Message 2 of 4 (3,722 Views)

Re: Woohoo GF then yell after for bad behavior

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I'm having a similar, although different, problem. When I invite my lover to stay the night (they are dating), they will woohoo, but the NPC partner will never stay in the bed to actually sleep. They will just roam around all night while my sim sleeps in the bed. I know for a fact that the visitor NPC partner is definitely tired, because they have passed out on the floor twice (wouldn't even nap on the couch.) Not a pathing issue, sims can get to every part of the bed and couch just fine. It's an issue with the scripts not allowing an NPC partner to sleep in my sim's bed (or even their house, maybe?...) Full romance bar, friendship above 50%. There should be no issue with them sleeping in the same bed. I never had this issue back in November, when I was first playing Sims4 on PS4. I stopped playing for a couple months in hopes the issues then would be fixed, but it seems I've come back to an entirely new crop of glitches and bugs. It would be nice if they could sleep in the same bed again. I've never tested it with my sim having full energy, to where I get my sim yelling at the NPC partner for sleeping in their bed. Maybe that would happen to me, too. They just...woohoo, my sim falls asleep, the NPC partner gets up immediately, wanders around all night, and either passes out or leaves very early in the morning. (I also noticed the visiting NPC partner hasn't taken any food from the fridge. Maybe the hunger status has never been low enough? Might be tied into the sleeping in the bed permissions, though.)

*EDIT*

Note that I am playing on console, PS4. I can't find the issue listed specifically for console version.

The packs I have installed:

Sims 4 Deluxe (Life of the Party, Up all Night, Awesome Animal Hats)

Vintage Glamour

City Living

Dine Out
Luxury Party

Cool Kitchen

Perfect Patio

Romantic Garden

Message 1 of 4 (3,730 Views)

Re: Woohoo GF then yell after for bad behavior

Hero
@Figblat

Merged this post over to the new thread you made.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (3,710 Views)

Re: [PS4] Lovers Invited to Stay the Night Won't Sleep

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Please feel free to delete this thread. The issue seems to have fixed itself randomly today. No idea what was causing it in the first place, but at least it's behaving properly now.

Message 4 of 4 (3,657 Views)