[PS4] Live mode selection issues

by BriansSnugBug

Original Post

Re: [PS4] Live mode selection issues

★★ Novice

This happened to me too. It happened when I went to a lot on the map that is a house but doesn't have occupants. All the sudden I can't use the x button in live mode. I was able to save and I saved a new file. However after restarting the PS4, it is still the same and on all saves, not just that one. Totally unplayable until this gets fixed 😢

Message 51 of 69 (1,185 Views)

Re: My game won’t let me click anything

★★★ Newbie

But what are you guys doing about the situation?

Message 52 of 69 (1,150 Views)

Won’t let you click anything or cancel actions ps4

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Bruh
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look
What happens when the bug occurs? At
What do you expect to see? The auto save thing where you can place files cuz I’m not gonna refill all this
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, glamour, vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game for a few hours or so and eventually it happens
What happens when the bug occurs? It will stop letting you control anything. It doesn’t let you select or cancel any actions. Sometimes the game does lag or freeze up after starting up the game and getting into it
What do you expect to see? I just want to be able to resume playing. We find that closing out the application completely and reopening it helps. Sometimes we only have to save and exit to the menu and go back but it doesn’t always work
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 53 of 69 (1,137 Views)

Re: Won’t let you click anything or cancel actions ps4

EA app Team
Hi @sweetmangos2,

As other players have been reporting and discussing the same issue here, I'm merging your thread into this one.

The team is investigating this, if you would be willing to share your saves to help them with that, please, take a look to this post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-Live-mode-selection-issues/m-p/6811615#M62589

Thank you!
-Mai
Message 54 of 69 (1,123 Views)

★★ Novice

My game was going fine until I did this. I was in the desert-looking town. I noticed a home in the top left of the map, beside a large lake. I thought maybe if I went to that home I could fish in the lake, so I sent my sim there and that's when the error occurred. It now happens on every saved game from before that play. Haven't tried to start a new game, too frustrating. Waiting for a fix.

No expansions. Just base game on PS4. 

Message 55 of 69 (1,100 Views)

★★ Guide

Got a PS4 Pro today. Got Sims 4 deluxe, parenthood & patio stuff. 

Got the lastest update.

Everything was fine till my SIM travelled back from the gym. Couldn't select anything with X (not in live or build).

So far the only way to fix it is to close it entirely & then reopen.

Literally had the game for a few hours so from what people are saying I'm wondering if it is a new patch issue.

Message 56 of 69 (1,076 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same issue here. I have just bought my sims 4 game for ps4 today, digital edition, so when it was dowloaded I guess that the latest patch was also added.
After a few minutes playing, the cursor in live mode stops answering to commands when I tried to use the X button. The game is actually unplayable.
My game is the basic one, spanish version.
I'm willing to send my save files if that helps to find a solution to this bug, cause I really would like to play the game.
(Sorry for my english, I'm spanish and I try my best to speak well.. ;D)
Message 57 of 69 (1,040 Views)

Re: Can't click anything within SIMS 4

★★ Guide

@SimGuruIcarus wrote:

Hi @Spenceriscomin4

We had your issue tracked here, so I moved your thread.

Thank you for your report

Are you still working on a fix? I am hoping you are.

The issue seems to be linked to travelling. When you get back to your home lot you can no longer select anything. You have to save/quit & then close the application on the ps4. I've only had the game since the 3rd July this year (2018) and yes I have all updates.

Message 58 of 69 (970 Views)

Cant place objects with X button

★★ Newbie

Cant place objects or select categories or anything with X. I was doing fine building my house and now my curse doesn't glide along the screen, it jumps to categories and I know you should be able to tap O and it will let you but that's not working for me. In order for me to even go in to buy a bed or anything I have to hit the center button and it will let me select a category and in this case a bed but it won't let me place it... please help!!

Devil 

Message 59 of 69 (911 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, I just bought my husband a PS4 (I know super late to the party) and got myself the Sims 4 as I've been a longtime Sims PC player since the original. 

Regretfully it didn’t take any time at all to suffer with this known X issue and mine occurs in live mode so the game is completely unplayable. 

I’m pretty upset to say the least especially seeing that this cocern has been ongoing for a long time without any support from developers. 

Message 60 of 69 (942 Views)