[PS4] Live mode selection issues

by BriansSnugBug

Original Post

Re: [PS4] [GTW] Cannot interact with things at work

★ Novice

Same issue at restaurants owned by Sims, which were working fine prior to the GTW patch. 100% repro with Sims created both prior to and after downloading GTW. 100% repro both with Sims in single-Sim and multi-Sim households.

Message 31 of 69 (1,422 Views)

Sims 4 PS4

★★★ Newbie
I was playing the Sims 4 for a while earlier today, building my house. I left build mode for a while and got invited to a friends house, so I went and when I got there my X button wouldn’t work (I couldn’t select anything) and I was stuck outside for a while. Since then I have successfully got my character back home. I have tried different controllers and none of them worked (so I know that’s not the problem). If anyone has had this problem before can you please help me with the problem?
Message 32 of 69 (1,420 Views)

Re: Cannot Interact with Anything After Traveling

★★ Apprentice
It's a new issue since the last update, I have been experiencing it as well although I can pause and save, only fix is to close the game and reload it back up unfortunately. It also happens in create a sim sometimes, if it does and you are unable to save or exit out press the touch pad to highlight cancel.
Message 33 of 69 (1,401 Views)

Re: Sims 4 PS4

★★ Apprentice
Hi, there isn't anything wrong with your control, it is a glitch with the pointer I've experienced it as well, if you can pause your game save game then close application and reload is only fix for now until EA fix the issue with a patch, It also happens in create a sim as well so make sure to save before you edit your sims.
Message 34 of 69 (1,397 Views)

Re: When playing the sims 4 on ps4 when i go to press X on a object or a sim its

★★ Apprentice
Same issue with me and you are correct it is a new common issue with the recent patch, it seems to happen when travelling or in create a sim, only fix i like you said restarting the application. Hope EA fixes this issue as it has been very frequent.
Message 35 of 69 (1,401 Views)

PS4 sims 4 controls unresponsive.

★ Novice
I have been playing for about 2 weeks and I only got this issue today when I aged up a toddler to a child. What I did was made him blow out the candles and he aged up. He had on clothes that I didn't like so I clicked the wardrobe and went to clothing editing and this is where I think my problem started? I would click anything and nothing was responsive so I exited out of it and went back to the household then saved my game and then quit to main menu and then reloaded the save. When I loaded the save no controls are responsive and I've even changed families and even tried to merge the corrupt family into another family. I think I will have to start again but in doing so I don't think I will play it much because I've invested so much time and effort into this family.
Message 36 of 69 (1,397 Views)

Re: Controls for The Sims 4 on consoles

★★★ Newbie
I just bought this game and was very excited to get back into The Sims after finally getting a PS4. Everything was working fine until I decided to go to the bar on a date. Whenever I got there I noticed that I couldn’t select anything using my cursor (X Button) whenever I hit the touch pad and use it like that it’s fine. However I cannot use the x button whatsoever when using the cursor. Please please please let me now what to do to fix it or when a new patch is coming out. It’s very disappointing spending the money for the game and not being able to use my save file anymore.

Thanks.
Message 37 of 69 (1,341 Views)

Can't click anything within SIMS 4

★★ Apprentice

I am on PS4, I have been playing for a few hours now and suddenly I cannot click on anything in the SIMS world. I click X and nothing happens on any object or SIMS. I can however click X on all of the options oround the border of the screen.

Does anyone know of a fix?

Message 38 of 69 (1,307 Views)

Re: Can't click anything within SIMS 4

★★★★ Apprentice
Have you tried switching from menu to cursor? On the PS it should be the touch pad button (see https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Controls-for-The-Sims-4-on-consoles/td-p/6446759)
Message 39 of 69 (1,294 Views)

Re: Can't click anything within SIMS 4

★★ Apprentice
Yes I have tried clicking the touch pad button, it did not help.
Message 40 of 69 (1,285 Views)