Re: Selection Issues on PS4

by EA_Mai

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

I recently purchased Sims 4, the Go To Work bundle, and the City Living bundle for the PS4. I just went to the museum in Willow Creek for the first time, and I’m now unable to select anything with X. The cursor works, but I am also unable to back out of anything with O. I tried saving and reloading the game onto a seperate file, but it still will not allow me to select options with X. This is unfortunate because I didn’t think to open the autosave to save it, and I’ve lost about an hour of play time.

I believe this is the first issue I’ve had with Sims 4 although I had some issues in Create A Sim. However, that may have been user error as I had just began playing and didn’t fully understand the controls.

I would like to share my save file to see if the issue may just be user error, but I’m not on any social media sites at the moment. Is there another way to send you PS4 video clips?

Thank you!

Message 61 of 69 (1,370 Views)

EA app Team

Hi everyone,

We just released an update for The Sims 4 on consoles (version 1.07) which addresses this issue. You can find the patch notes here Standard smile Please, update your game and give it another try.

Any selection issues now?

Thanks!

-Mai

Message 62 of 69 (8,277 Views)

★★ Guide
Just downloading the update Standard smile
Message 63 of 69 (1,310 Views)

EA app Team
Standard smile Did you get a chance to give it a try, @AcaciaCEJ ?

-Mai
Message 64 of 69 (1,289 Views)

★★ Guide
Not yet...sadly had to be an adult lol but once I finish my work I shall Standard smile
Message 65 of 69 (1,267 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Mai Tried it & it all seems great now! My sim can finally go out again Standard smile

Message 66 of 69 (1,250 Views)

EA app Team
Glad to read that, @AcaciaCEJ, thanks for confirming!
Message 67 of 69 (1,226 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am currently having same issue on my PS4 console. I have all games and add ons but after last update and Magic install, my controller X won't select anything in game.  Also my R1 and R2 intermittently don't work.  I am able to use X and R1 and R2 with no issues outside of game so it is not a controller issue...it's a bug. 

I deleted all my games with exception of 1 game play (which is my best one and not going to delete it).  I tried using another controller with same issue.  I checked for updates and it says I have everything.  I only have the Sims and the PS4 was purchased May 2019.

Can you please advise how I can get this working again because right now I have nothing to play and my Sims is my fun level and it's in the red.

GraceRage

Message 68 of 69 (999 Views)

Community Manager

@EA_Mai wrote:

Hi everyone,

We just released an update for The Sims 4 on consoles (version 1.07) which addresses this issue. You can find the patch notes here Standard smile Please, update your game and give it another try.

Any selection issues now?

Thanks!

-Mai

Hello everyone!

I'm closing this thread to avoid confusion as this specific issue was fixed in a previous update Standard smile.

- Antonio 

Antonio.png
Message 69 of 69 (703 Views)