by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Interaction with robotic station stuck in queue on canceling

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.21.40.3400 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EXPANSION: Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Island Living, Discover University GAME: Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic STUFF: Moschino, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Laundry Day, Backyard FREE: Holiday Celebration, Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the robotics station and cancel the task.
What happens when the bug occurs? The task icon does not disappear from current interactions.
What do you expect to see? I expect the task icon to disappear when a task is cancelled.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This doesn’t generally change game play much, but it often causes small issues with interactions until I restart the game.

PS4: 1.21.40.3400 (64 bit)

Message 1 of 9 (2,458 Views)

Re: [PS4] Interactions with robotic station not disappearing when cancelled

Hero
@Rae_Regenbogen Tested this on PC. Doesn't seem to happen there. Treating as PS4 Issue for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,382 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Rae_Regenbogen  I was also not able to duplicate this on PS4. What interaction were you using that wasn't cancelling?

Message 3 of 9 (2,371 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I believe it’s just crafting chips and mechanisms. I’m also unable to upgrade utilibots. It takes the parts, but the animation doesn’t happen, and the bit still shows upgrade level 1.

Message 4 of 9 (2,354 Views)

Hero
@Rae_Regenbogen That is a known issue that was fixed for PC/Mac already (the upgrade utilbots thing)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (2,347 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Rae_Regenbogen  @crinrict  That was what I was using to try to duplicate, crafting parts. I also tried when crafting toys and other bots and they always canceled and cleared both when I did the cancel, and when the sim canceled for other reasons. 

Message 6 of 9 (2,338 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happens to me as well on PC when I eat food and have a work station task ready to go once I finish and then it automatically cancels and won't go away in my task bar.

Message 7 of 9 (2,306 Views)

Dr F's Official Robotics Workstation's actions sticking on queue

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Discover University, Dine Out, StrangerVille, Laundry Day Stuff, and Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use Dr F's Official Robotics Workstation to create something (a toy or part), speed up time to Ultra Speed - 3, then queue another action (ex. "Use" on a toilet).
What happens when the bug occurs? An action initiated via Dr F's Official Robotics Workstation does not disappear from queue when finished or cancelled.
What do you expect to see? An action initiated via Dr F's Official Robotics Workstation's icon disappears once action is finished/cancelled.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The actions in the attached images are as follows from top to bottom and have all been completed.

• "Resume Pink RC Quadcopter"
  • "Resume Pink RC Quadcopter" - Same Quadcopter as above, just resumed action
  • "Resume Mechanism"
Message 8 of 9 (2,279 Views)

Re: Dr F's Official Robotics Workstation's actions sticking on queue

Hero
@MadToxicFox merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (2,268 Views)