Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PS4] Houndstooth Pattern on Sims Skin

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.20.101.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything Currently Available
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Find a sim with a dark skin tone
What happens when the bug occurs? The dark skinned sims in the game look like they have houndstooth designs on their skin.
What do you expect to see? The normal grainy texture on their skin.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started happening after patch 1.20

Some lighting makes it show up worse than others, but it is always there on these sims with dark skin tone.

The Sims™ 4_20191220175054.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20191215163932.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20191215163819.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20191216141320.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20191230084057.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 7 (2,213 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Discoloring on dark skin tones

Hero

We saw your feedback about the October skin tones update and, to improve clarity and transparency, we shared a first look on Twitter of the fix in progress. With this patch, the Console game gets the October fixes for texture compression, resolving the banding on the cheeks and foreheads as well as discoloration on the tip of the nose. In addition, this patch addresses the two community-identified issues of red dots around the lips and a dark blotch between the eyes. The red dots around the lips should be completely resolved at this time. The dark blotch between the eyes was softened to remove the hard edge, but the darkening is expected as part of the shadowing around the nose.

Marking this as fixed as part of the skin tone update in patch 1.33

Please create a new thread if there's still issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (1,606 Views)

All Replies

Re: Houndstooth Pattern on Sims Skin

Hero
@PoptartJuniper Looks like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CAS-New-skin-colours-have-discolouration/td-p/6888568/ ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (2,135 Views)

Re: Houndstooth Pattern on Sims Skin

Hero (Retired)

@crinrict  the second picture of the #3 poster looks the same. You can see the pattern on the female sims arms. The other pictures look the way the dark skin tones looked before, just mottled and not very nice. The pattern on them is new.

Message 3 of 7 (2,121 Views)

Discoloring on dark skin tones

★★★ Newbie

Patterns and discoloration on my sims with darker skins have been getting more apparent with every update. Is this something I can fix or is it the game itself. 

Message 4 of 7 (2,008 Views)

Hero
@sageecs Merged your post with current bug report on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (1,971 Views)

★ Guide

I also see this problem happening more and more, on darker sims. 

Message 6 of 7 (1,920 Views)

Hero

We saw your feedback about the October skin tones update and, to improve clarity and transparency, we shared a first look on Twitter of the fix in progress. With this patch, the Console game gets the October fixes for texture compression, resolving the banding on the cheeks and foreheads as well as discoloration on the tip of the nose. In addition, this patch addresses the two community-identified issues of red dots around the lips and a dark blotch between the eyes. The red dots around the lips should be completely resolved at this time. The dark blotch between the eyes was softened to remove the hard edge, but the darkening is expected as part of the shadowing around the nose.

Marking this as fixed as part of the skin tone update in patch 1.33

Please create a new thread if there's still issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (1,607 Views)