by Stoopyxxx

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [PS4] Grim reaper wont do it's job

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? SP02: 1.assets.live-sp02.73
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famouse. Sessions. Cats and dogs. City living. Get together. Vampires. Dine out. Laundry day stuff. Toddler stuff. Vintage glamour stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have anyone die
What happens when the bug occurs? Grim reaper wont interact with dying sim so they are stuck between life and death permanently
What do you expect to see? I expect the reaper to do its job
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

• Grim reaper wont interact with dying sim so they are stuck permanently between life and death 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 13 (3,434 Views)

Re: [PS4] Grim reaper wont do it's job

Hero
@MadlyMoogle On PC I would tell you to reset the grim reaper which usually works but for console .. not sure what you could do.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (3,423 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict wat needs to happen is EA need to fix it as loads more people are having problems, this is a joke
Message 3 of 13 (3,412 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I had that happen on PS4 before as well. I had two elders die, but one just laid on the floor for hours and Grim did nothing. I ended up force closing the game and reloading an older save. When the elder died the second time (at least I knew right when it was coming yes?) Grim worked as intended.

Message 4 of 13 (3,387 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hi there! Would you happen to be able to share the save file that has the issue so we can investigate what is going on? Below is a link on how to get the save file then you can DM me with the info.

Thanks! 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Message 5 of 13 (3,377 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

How do I reset the grim reaper?

Message 6 of 13 (3,158 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@jeawei If you are on PC shift-click on the sim (in this case the Grim Reaper) And select 'Reset object [DEBUG]' Or similar. If you are on console, unfortunately, you can't. (If shift-clicking doesn't work hold shift+ctrl+c and type into the cheat box {top left corner} and type in testingcheats true or testingcheats on then try again)

Message 7 of 13 (3,099 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU'RE MY LIFE SAVER!!!

Message 8 of 13 (3,086 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I can't play this game anymore because there's no way tp advance. Everytime a sim dies I have to start over. I want a refund for all of my expansions or this to be fixed for consoles asap!

Message 9 of 13 (1,524 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That use to be the case for when the animals would die in cottage living,  but now it's for sims and it happens everything. 

Message 10 of 13 (1,523 Views)