by Brooksy64

Original Post

[PS] Ghost family trophy not achieved

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All and attempted with none
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have 8 Ghosts in a family but no achievement pops up
What happens when the bug occurs? I don't get rewarded with the achievement
What do you expect to see? A trophy pop up
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Trophy reward Ghost family

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 10 (1,228 Views)

Re: Ghost family trophy not achieved

Hero (Retired)

@Brooksy64  Did place your ghost family into a house? Did you play the household?

Have you used any cheats on the save?

Message 2 of 10 (1,221 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No cheats.

I played a household adopted a child, aged up, drowned parent and repeated process till 8 ghosts. Obviously friends were made to some capacity be it 1 friends with 7 or 1 with 2 or more.

Copied a ghost 8 times, edited the 8 to siblings and loaded the house.

Nothing works.

Message 3 of 10 (1,188 Views)

Hero
@Brooksy64 Could you try some other means then drowning to see if that works ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,175 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Possibly but i don't know all the methods and i feel the way they die should not matter!

Message 5 of 10 (1,144 Views)

Hero
@Brooksy64 It shouldn't but there used to be a bug with drowning and the achivement for PC when it first came out. It's for testing to see if it makes a difference.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,137 Views)

Hero
@Brooksy64 Did you have luck achieving it with other death ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (1,088 Views)

“Ghost Family” Trophy Won’t Trigger

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5 Digital Edition
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Journey to Bath, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Holiday Celebration & Grim’s Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a family of 8 playable ghosts through various means of death.
What happens when the bug occurs? The trophy “Ghost Family” will not trigger (have a family of 8 playable ghosts).
What do you expect to see? The trophy “Ghost Family” to trigger.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

There are no cheats being used on the save and I know trophies are working on that save as I got “Green Thumb” a day or two prior.

I have also tried saving the ghost family to my gallery and starting a brand new save and it still wouldn’t trigger.

I’ve also tried this multiple different ways i.e. using the wishing well to instantly kill the sims and a longer method of killing them off in blizzards and heatwaves and inviting them back to the household, and I’ve ensured they have been both all family members and just roommates in CAS.

Message 8 of 10 (967 Views)

Re: “Ghost Family” Trophy Won’t Trigger

Champion

Are any of your ghost Sims former occult? Any vampires or mages?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 9 of 10 (954 Views)

Re: “Ghost Family” Trophy Won’t Trigger

★★ Novice

None of the ghost sims were ever or are currently occult, I created them fresh specifically for the trophy 

Message 10 of 10 (947 Views)