Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS SAVES] [PS4] [CL] Geekcon: Options for Challenges show up late

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? On PS4 I have every pack and expansion available installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you go to Geekcon, after the announcement for the Hackathon and UGT challenges pops up, go to the glowing computers or game pads and the option to enter the specific challenge does not show up until the challenge is almost over.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option to enter the specific challenge does not show up until the challenge is almost over. Making both challenges impossible to complete for the City Native aspiration.
What do you expect to see? As soon as the announcement for the challenges pops up I expect to be able to click on the computer or game pad and be able to instantly join the challenge, not have to continue clicking to see if/when the challenge will show up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When you go to Geekcon, after the announcement for the Hackathon and UGT challenges pops up, go to the glowing computers or game pads and the option to enter the specific challenge does not show up until the challenge is almost over. Making both challenges impossible to complete for the City Native aspiration. As soon as the announcement for the challenges pops up I expect to be able to click on the computer or game pad and be able to instantly join the challenge, not have to continue clicking to see if/when the challenge will show up.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title

Message 1 of 7 (4,688 Views)

Re: [PS4] Geekcon Challenges Bug

★ Apprentice

This is happening to me too.

We have no reply so they obviously don't want to be bothered with this bug. **eye roll** What else is new???

Message 2 of 7 (3,145 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

There's usually a small delay after the announcement but the Hackathon and UGT commands should appear when the computers and motion sensor pads start glowing. At least that's how it works on my computer.

I'm sorry this never got an answer. I only play TS4 on PC, so I don't like to answer questions about other platforms.

Message 3 of 7 (3,110 Views)

★ Apprentice

My sim waited and waited. The computers were blinking but there was never any Hackathon or other competition pop up. It finally stopped blinking and my sim went home. 

Message 4 of 7 (3,079 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I tried resetting the computer, and that fixed the issue for me. Make sure testing cheats are on (crtl+shift+c) 'testingcheats on" enter. Then in the game press shift and click the item, select "reset object (Debug)" and then if you click the computer normally you should hopefully see "Participate in Hackathon" with the little purple tent icon. I hope this helps!

Unfortunately I only think this works on PC.

Message 5 of 7 (2,963 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately, this doesn't work for me. I have an apartment in the same neighborhood as when the GeekCoon appears. I've found that when I get the notification "GeekCoon" is in town, I leave the neighborhood and then travel to it back from another one. That worked fine, but took me a while to figure out, cos it's not like geekcons appear every other day. Also, If I leave the neighborhood during the challenge and not before it, then the computers don't even glow as If I've participated in the challenge. This IS a game-breaking bug, but I learned my lesson and won't be paying EA any money anytime soon, that's for sure because they don't care about bugs.

Message 6 of 7 (2,431 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone encountering this issue possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 7 (2,381 Views)