by dietcokebott

Original Post

[PS4] Game freezes when kids return from school

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.13
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, City Living, Get to Work, Vampires, Dine Out, Laundry Day Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send the kids to school, wait for them to return
What happens when the bug occurs? The game completely freezes
What do you expect to see? Game to not freeze up
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Version 1.12 to Version 1.13

I have 5 kids ranging from elementary school to high school. I updated my game yesterday, which was Sunday in Sim time. They all left for school the next morning, so I had the mom and grandma upgrading things around the home and taking care of the toddler. As soon as the kids came home, my entire game froze. I had to shut down my PS4 and restart it. It did this 5 more times, each time rebooting my PS4. I have my game data on an external drive, along with several other games and I tried playing other games that are saved there and had no issues. It’s just the Sims game since the update.

Message 1 of 4 (426 Views)

Re: [PS4] Game freezes when kids return from school

EA Staff

Hi @dietcokebott 

Does this issue occur on a specific save file? Have you tried on a new save file?

If it just occur in one specific game file, can you please send it our way so we can give it a look?

You can find instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Message 2 of 4 (404 Views)

★★ Novice

It was on one game save that I had. I ended up saving my data to a USB and deleting the game and reinstalling all my packs. I moved the save data over and it’s been fine since. 

Message 3 of 4 (380 Views)

EA Staff

Good to know! Thanks!

Message 4 of 4 (360 Views)