by BoelleBoerge

Original Post

[PS4] Game crashes

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Newest update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Entering and leaving build mode When playing with a household. Taking photos, traveling, leaving CAS when playing with a household, and the worst one; SAVING!
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes!
What do you expect to see? I expect my game not to crash
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The update before the recent one yesterday

Please fix the game on console; I was so hoping the update would fix the game... but no. It still crashes every time when I am playing with a household, and is enter ring or leaving build mode or CAS, taking photos or traveling... and the worst one; it happens when saving.. so I can’t even protect myself from progress loss.... 

the game is unplayable... please just do something. 

Message 1 of 12 (1,113 Views)

Re: [PS4] Game crashes

★★★ Novice
  • Hey did you find a solution? I’ve had the same problem crashing ALL the time 
  • I’ve also contacted ea live chat support and done everything they’ve told me to do 
  • renewing licences, all the usual steps 
  • yesterday  saved my data and initialised my PS4 and then restored everything literally took the whole day and as I started again it crashed 
Message 2 of 12 (1,006 Views)

★ Apprentice
@ruceba Unfortunately no ☹️ My current solution is to actually not play the game. If I do, I strictly build or strictly do CAS; this seems to not make the crash as much. But I am not sure whether that is actually a solution. I tried making a new save file - still same problem. I am afraid that this problem will not be solved before an update ☹️
Message 3 of 12 (980 Views)

★ Guide
@BoelleBoerge Do you use the gallery/have downloaded any ‘NoCC’ photos or builds that contain them?
Message 4 of 12 (960 Views)

★ Apprentice
@FinalBossNyuma I have downloaded a few lots and simmers when the gallery was made available. But I haven’t since, and I am not playing with any of those downloaded contents. Not sure if I even placed them anywhere. The gallery is also making the game crash atm, so I haven’t dared to use it.
Do you think I should delete those I downloaded?
My friend has the exact problems, and I am quite sure she has not downloaded anything yet. I will check!
And, I am quite sure I only downloaded NoCC stuff because I am on console ☺️
Message 5 of 12 (931 Views)

★★★ Novice

Oh no bless you I sympathise so much, hopefully there will be another update that helps us out, I might even try deleted the houses I got from the gallery, but I imagine there fine because of no CC but it’s worth a try 

Message 6 of 12 (923 Views)

★ Guide
@BoelleBoerge If you’ve downloaded any specialized photos from the gallery or builds that contain them, those photos have massive file sizes that can easily surpass the game’s internal save limit & cause it to malfunction in the way that you’re describing. Even when not placed into a world, they still occupy space in your library, so I’d suggest deleting some or any saves from your library that you find yourself not using or wanting, such as those lots/households manually added to our libraries before we had access to the gallery. Hopefully this helps address your issue!
Message 7 of 12 (886 Views)

★ Apprentice
@FinalBossNyuma I will try that! Thank you 😁 can you maybe specify what specialized photos mean?
Message 8 of 12 (855 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@BoelleBoergeOf course - so you know those photos that you see with various quotes (“Live, Laugh, Love,”) or faces & figures from outside of the Sims franchise? They usually come in sets in the gallery, & you can tell that they aren’t from regular build mode. That’s because PC players use CC to obtain them, but then they also have their sims paint from reference or take a picture of CC content to then have an image of it that technically isn’t CC.

They put those in the gallery for everyone to use, & that loophole allowed console players to download them, as well. But those photos have enormous file sizes that the PC version generally can handle but the console version can’t, leading to serious glitching. I’m also pretty sure the devs are aware of the matter, since the latest console update strengthened CC flagging which prevents console players from downloading any newly made NoCC saves from the gallery. Hopefully this explanation makes sense. 😊

Message 9 of 12 (837 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
@FinalBossNyuma I have tried to delete what I downloaded from the gallery (3 things, one house and two simmers), I left the ones from Maxis though. This has unfortunatly not fixed the problem. I am giving up now. And actually I am really dissappointed that this serious issue is not being fixed already. I really feel console always is last priority. Last year there was a crashing problem as well - it was fixed within a week because at was also on pc... it always takes forever on console - and it is not the first time there is crashing problems besides this and before mentioned; and those also took way to long! It’s just not okay.

Anyways, thx a lot for the help and suggestions ☺️
Message 10 of 12 (770 Views)