June 3rd Patch Gallery Glitch (Xbox One)

by SlothLoverbabe

Original Post

[OPEN] [PS4] Gallery Menu Distortion

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.26.54.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I found this testing another bug. I went to an empty lot, downloaded a restaurant from the gallery, went into the CAS to edit worker outfits. Once you exit the CAS, go back into the gallery screen. This is how it appears.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can not use the left and right buttons/bumpers on the controller anymore and the screen is distorted and the controls flash at the top (See attached video). This distortion persists until you close the game. It continues to look like this and the bumpers don't work in build mode even when loading different saves. It only clears when you close the game completely and reload it.
What do you expect to see? No distortion and the bumpers working correctly in build mode and the menu screens.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.26

That flash should have a warning on it. 

Edit: 6/14/20 Here's a link since the embedded video is not showing proper size. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cV6iyCoPefIDl22ME69flgqgQUI83zeW/view?usp=sharing

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 29 (3,138 Views)

Recent gallery bug after update on ps4 console

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.26
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every pack, and stuff pack that has came out except for Eco Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If u go to the gallery and download a lot from it to your world, or even a household.....it will for some reason trigger the L1 and R1 buttons to stop working so u can't scroll on the sim phone or in the gallery to go to your library.
What happens when the bug occurs? The L1 and R1 buttons stop working. And the gallery will not fully load and you cannot scroll over to your library or on your sims cell phone.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to freely browse and download from the gallery. And I definitely should be able to get on my library and play the game normally like I could before the update.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was after this recent patch update June 2020, version 1.26

This is what happens

Message 2 of 29 (2,871 Views)

June 3rd Patch Gallery Glitch (Xbox One)

★★★ Novice

Hello!! I would love if anyone could help me!! After the recent June 3rd update, my gallery is completely bugged out and it’s affecting my game performance! Everytime I place down a lot and go back into the gallery, it’s completely glitched out. Also, I have been having issues with CAS and not being able to zoom in and out or turn my sims, this is super infuriating and has kept me from playing my game which is really disappointing since I have plugged in so much money to get every pack!! I will add a picture to show what is happening, but had anyone else been having this issue? Also, side note that I have hard reset my Xbox, cleared all cache and game storage and yet nothing has changed so I don’t believe this to be an issue with my console itself.

Message 3 of 29 (3,061 Views)

Re: [PS4] Gallery Menu Distortion

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I’m having this same issue too on my Xbox One, have you had any luck or has nothing changed? I’m also having the issue when I can rotate my sims in CAS!!

**where I CANT rotate my sims in cas

Message 4 of 29 (3,042 Views)

Re: June 3rd Patch Gallery Glitch (Xbox One)

Message 5 of 29 (3,024 Views)

Re: June 3rd Patch Gallery Glitch (Xbox One)

★★★ Novice
@SlothLoverbabe I’m having the same problem too on my Xbox, my LB RB buttons the controller stop working in the gallery and build mode too 😭
Message 6 of 29 (3,003 Views)

Sims 4 R1 and L1 buttons not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Just made a new game to help fix crashing issues and now my R1 and L1 buttons randomly stop working in build mode, or the gallery starts spazzing out when I open it. The only way to fix it is to completely shut down the game and reload. 

Message 7 of 29 (2,988 Views)

Re: Sims 4 R1 and L1 buttons not working

Hero
@robbobbert88 I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 29 (2,949 Views)

Re: [PS4] Gallery Menu Distortion

★★★★ Novice

This is happening to me on PS4. Downloaded a restaurant from the gallery. Went in to edit the workers outfit and after leaving CAS I can no longer use the L1 or R1 buttons to edit anything else. The bumpers simply do nothing when pressed. Really frustrating. 

Message 9 of 29 (2,908 Views)

Gallery Broken & Bumper Keys Not Working

★★ Novice

6/30/20

So the problem is when the newest update for Eco Living came into place everything was fine in the beginning, and I started to use the gallery a lot. Which was basically just putting lots onto plots in the worlds, I don’t have any mods nor cc due to it being on Xbox so that’s not a problem, but the biggest thing is that when I travel back onto the gallery after placing lots the screen is shifted to the left and there are flickering controls on the top of the screen that aren’t even Xbox related, like PS4 controls, this prevents me from using my left and right bumpers and prohibits gameplay. I cannot even use the triggers to I guess “ctrl-alt” things like pc does. Does anyone else have this problem? Because I don’t understand what’s going on! If anyone has a solution please reply.

Message 10 of 29 (2,891 Views)