by Figblat

Original Post

[PS4] Fruitcake-less Welcome Wagon

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Deluxe Edition, City Living, Dine Out, Perfect Patio, Vintage Glamour, Cool Kitchen, Luxury Party, Romantic Garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a new family and move into a house, triggering the welcome wagon event.
What happens when the bug occurs? The neighbor with the fruitcake will spawn first, but walk in the opposite direction from your sim's house, or past it, then stop and stand there as if dazed. The other neighbors will then spawn and come knock on your door. The neighbor with the fruitcake will then put the fruitcake in their inventory, and turn to walk to your house. They will never place the fruitcake in your house for everyone to enjoy, but will sometimes remove a single slice from their own inventory to greedily devour as everyone else watches with jealousy.
What do you expect to see? The neighbors to show up one-by-one, normally, and the fruitcake to be placed on a table or counter for everyone to enjoy.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This seemed to start happening after the first patch (perhaps the second) a few weeks after the PS4 version's initial launch. OR It started happening after I installed the City Living and Vintage Glamour packs (at the same time, so not sure which.) I'm not sure on the exact time, because I first noticed it several months ago, shortly after the release of Sims 4 for PS4.

I know this is an open issue for PC versions, but I saw in the stickied [READ FIRST] post that console bugs should always have a new thread. I should also probably mention that, in addition to the odd behavior of the fruitcake-toting neighbor, it becomes nearly impossible to choose "invite neighbors in" if you first choose to greet one of them. For whatever reason, greeting them will get them stuck in an endless loop of conversation, and no matter how many times you try to "invite neighbors in", the action will time out before executing. They will just stand in front of your house talking until the event is over. Also, conversations during this event almost always cause the [PS4] Chat Actions Getting Stuck in Action Bar bug/glitch to occur. Something with the Welcome Wagon event scripts got all buggered up in one of those early patches/packs.

Message 1 of 1 (223 Views)