Re: PS4 Franchise mode crashing 100 percent of the time trying to view draft cla

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

PS4 Franchise mode crashing 100 percent of the time trying to view draft class

★★★ Newbie

Product: NHL 21
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? franchise mode anytime I try to "view draft class" i get the blue screen error
What happens when the bug occurs? Blue screen error game crashes
What do you expect to see? Draft prospects for franchise mode
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Offline
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Franchise
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 7:00 am
What is your time zone? PST - GMT - 8:00
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? almosthonest43
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here. (CE-34878-0) NHL 21 thats what it reads
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

attached screenshot of error i get everytime 100 percent

Message 1 of 4 (227 Views)

Re: PS4 Franchise mode crashing 100 percent of the time trying to view draft cla

★★★ Guide
@Drewfew84 Hopefully it’s not a corrupted save file. Seems to be a huge amount of those with this game compared to nhl 20, don’t believe it to be a coincidence, as this game is vastly buggy compared to the previous one
Message 2 of 4 (205 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Drewfew84 Did this happen during the first year? Or after a few years? If it is a corrupted save file, can try reloading an older save. Have you tried going to draft board, and hitting I think triangle, to go to view draft class that way, do you get same thing?

Could also try simming a bit to the future and try again, or even try when the CS updates their rankings and gives you that notification.
If none of that works, might be corrupted save and can try older file. If that doesn’t work, then it’s possible they introduced another bug with the latest patch/roster update, though I’m not sure how possible it is, considering they didn’t even touch FM, and likely won’t be anymore. Unless it’s to fix this literal game breaking bug, if it’s super common.
Message 3 of 4 (200 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @Drewfew84 

This sounds like a corrupt save file, as @SkylerJames13 mentioned. You can help avoid this from happening by save and quitting instead of switching to another game/app or just turning off your console. You can also try deleting the local personal saved data and download the save from the cloud again. To do that, go to Settings/Storage/System storage/Saved Data. Locate the file for NHL 21 and delete it. I can't guarantee no other NHL 21 data will be lost though.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 4 (183 Views)