by floralney

Original Post

Highlighted

[PS4] Fence Disappearing

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.12.53.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Get Together and Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place down lots of fencing and then pick a gate to put down, but don’t actually put anything down. Move the gate along different parts of the fence. It should make the fence disappear. This happened with my hedge fencing.
What happens when the bug occurs? Fencing disappears, and the game thinks there’s a gate there.
What do you expect to see? Fencing should not disappear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I attached 3 pictures. One picture shows what happened when my hedge fencing disappeared in some spots, and I wasn’t able to fix it. I quit my save file and reloaded it back up to try again with different fencing. It seemed to work fine until it cut off while trying to place it (as shown in another picture). I can confirm that this does happen with other fencing as well, not just the one I was using in the picture. Lastly, I noticed my back porch fence was disappearing as well, though I believe I had not touched it. 

Message 1 of 5 (365 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [PS4] Fence Disappearing

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Please watch my short video Standard smile

Placing a gate, then moving it across all the areas that are invisible, then deleting fixes this.

https://youtu.be/vcxIrwiDnk4

*this was recorded on PC but I'm sure it should work on console

Message 2 of 5 (305 Views)
Highlighted

EA Sims Team

If this is still occurring for anyone, could you possibly share a save file where you've seen the issue? Thanks so much for the help!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Message 3 of 5 (238 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie
@SimGuruNick -- This is still happening for me on my PS4. It doesn't matter is I have bb.moveobjects on or off. The original poster's photos illustrate the same issue I'm having —chunks of fence disappearing and sometimes random posts remain. I've tried dragging a gate across the fence line, as @Teknikah suggested, and it does not restore the fence.
Message 4 of 5 (140 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@AbsolutelyAnn91 Did you PM your save to Nick yet ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (112 Views)