Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Fences disappear when hovering with gate

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Turn on bb.moveobjects. Draw a fence with dynamic posts that move around as fence gets longer. (glitch works more often if fence has an angle joining a straight) Pick up any fence gate and hover over the fence.
What happens when the bug occurs? Fence will glitch out and disappear. This breaks fences on ALL lots, even if bb.moveobjects is OFF afterwords. Glitch is permanent until game's cache is deleted.
What do you expect to see? Fences not glitch out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Example: https://youtu.be/OeH01ZtuXt4

If bb.moveobjects is turned on, fences will glitch out as seen in the video. However, change is PERMANENT on that world across ALL lots. If you then turn OFF bb.moveobjects, and go to another lot, or save/exit the game and re-load and do the same thing, the fences will STILL glitch out with moveobjects off.

Once the glitch occurs, it breaks areas on lots that never had fences. Fences can no longer be drawn at all in some areas. You draw a straight line of fence, it will have open spots.

The only way to fix it is to wipe the game's cache. Bulldozing the lot, wiping the lot, placing a new lot from the library or gallery, all fail to fix the problem.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 4 of 51 (10,307 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Fences disappear when hovering with gate

Hero

Fences should no longer disappear when hovering a gate over them after using the bb.moveobjects cheat.

Fixed in Patch 1.84.171/1.52

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 51 of 51 (3,286 Views)

All Replies

[PS4] Fence Disappearing

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.12.53.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Get Together and Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place down lots of fencing and then pick a gate to put down, but don’t actually put anything down. Move the gate along different parts of the fence. It should make the fence disappear. This happened with my hedge fencing.
What happens when the bug occurs? Fencing disappears, and the game thinks there’s a gate there.
What do you expect to see? Fencing should not disappear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I attached 3 pictures. One picture shows what happened when my hedge fencing disappeared in some spots, and I wasn’t able to fix it. I quit my save file and reloaded it back up to try again with different fencing. It seemed to work fine until it cut off while trying to place it (as shown in another picture). I can confirm that this does happen with other fencing as well, not just the one I was using in the picture. Lastly, I noticed my back porch fence was disappearing as well, though I believe I had not touched it. 

Message 1 of 51 (8,712 Views)

Re: [PS4] Fence Disappearing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Please watch my short video Standard smile

Placing a gate, then moving it across all the areas that are invisible, then deleting fixes this.

https://youtu.be/vcxIrwiDnk4

*this was recorded on PC but I'm sure it should work on console

Message 2 of 51 (8,645 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

If this is still occurring for anyone, could you possibly share a save file where you've seen the issue? Thanks so much for the help!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 51 (8,580 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [MOO RELATED] Fences disappear when hovering with gate

Hero
@Psychotps Going to tag this as cheat issue even if it's persistent after turning the cheat off.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 51 (10,202 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SimGuruNick -- This is still happening for me on my PS4. It doesn't matter is I have bb.moveobjects on or off. The original poster's photos illustrate the same issue I'm having —chunks of fence disappearing and sometimes random posts remain. I've tried dragging a gate across the fence line, as @Teknikah suggested, and it does not restore the fence.
Message 6 of 51 (8,480 Views)

Hero
@AbsolutelyAnn91 Did you PM your save to Nick yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 51 (8,451 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same exact thing for me. Except I'm on xbox one. It happens every time I try to add a gate and there is NOTHING I can do to repair it. It leaves holes in every spot the gate touches. Even if I delete the whole fence or replace fence with wall them try to put the fence back still same hole is there. 

Message 8 of 51 (10,090 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I never attributed it to MOO, but I'm having it too and for me it's the same as this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-SV-Gate-removes-fences/m-p/8375906#M108320

Message 9 of 51 (10,051 Views)

★★★★ Expert

FYI... Problem still occurring after 6/3/20 patch

Message 10 of 51 (9,964 Views)