[PS4] Error Code 816

by WarrenKWoodhouse

Original Post

Re: ERROR CODE 816

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:
@WarrenKWoodhouseJust edit your first post and there will be a form to fill out. Since your post was split, there wasn't one before. But if you edit it now, there should be one.

First post? I added this post 2 weeks ago about this error message and then someone moves my post to another forum called 2015 when I posted this error this year. How is it related to the year 2015 when I posted it in 2019?

The actual issue is that the library has a bug entirely through and through. Even when I’ve managed to rebuild database, reinstall the game on my PS4, the error message still persists.

I’ve included a screenshot taken with my iPhone 7 (Product Red) showcasing the error message. Apparently my image is too large to include a screenshot of, so I’ve included a link to the image instead.

Post URL: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2709534319058372&set=a.1042149859130168&type=3&sfns=mo

Message 10 of 17 (698 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:
@WarrenKWoodhouseyes, the first post of this thread (aka current post at the top)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Re-ERROR-CODE-816/m-p/8182206#

I’ve now created a new post with the information you requested earlier. Post is now at: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/The-Sims-4-Error-Code-816/m-p/8190778

Message 12 of 17 (693 Views)

Hero
@WarrenKWoodhouse The bug forum is so broken atm. I really don't know why some people aren't triggered for the template. Seems it's neither on the new thread you created nor on this one

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in?
How often does the bug occur?
What is your current game version number?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? .
What happens when the bug occurs?
What do you expect to see?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

These are usually the questions that should appear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 17 (685 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:
@WarrenKWoodhouseThe bug forum is so broken atm. I really don't know why some people aren't triggered for the template. Seems it's neither on the new thread you created nor on this one

Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in?
How often does the bug occur?
What is your current game version number?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? .
What happens when the bug occurs?
What do you expect to see?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

These are usually the questions that should appear.

I’ll answer the questions below for your convenience however I’ve added a new post where you’ll find a link to the screenshot I took at the time that the error occurred.

• Product: The Sims 4

• Platform: PlayStation 4 Pro Home Entertainment System (PAL)

• Which language are you playing the game in?: English (British English)

• How often does the bug occur?: This bug, error code 816, only once have I ever seen a error message appear during gameplay so I’m going with 1 time. However the game does have multiple bugs even though I took every step that has been explained in previous issues that I’ve addressed. I’ve managed to rebuild the database, reinstall the game and bring all of my game saves back from my USB and the game still persists with these bugs. The library has more bugs than the rest of the game, one of my library projects is corrupted and some of my library projects that I’ve saved aren’t even in the library when they should be.

• What is your current game version number?: v1.18

• What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?: None except for the Free Stuff Packs which are Grim’s Ghoulish Guitar and Holiday Free Stuff Pack. I would love to see more free packs.

• Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: If you have saved build projects in your library from Save File 1 to Save File 10, then you’re more than likely to probably see this error.

• What happens when the bug occurs?: The game still runs normally and performs the same as it should do with other glitches that occur in the game as normal but one build project in the library is indefinitely corrupted as a result of this error.

• What do you expect to see?: My build project that I can use that I’ve tried to add to a lot (Municipal Muses Lot) but my build project showed a red ! symbol saying “Incomplete” and when I go into the lot via Build from the World Map, the game crashes and I have to restart the game as a result.

• Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?: None, except for the Free Stuff Packs as mentioned above.

• Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?: Not that I’m aware of as such. Although I have experienced other issues with the game in general and nothing as severe as this.

Check out this playlist I’ve put together showcasing the various issues I’ve encountered while playing The Sims 4: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdSVyIXfBubKDNuYDtGKAvXhHCjmpkrzb

Message 14 of 17 (667 Views)

Hero
@WarrenKWoodhouse OK. Finally we got it all sorted. Thanks for the report. I've forwarded.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 17 (648 Views)

Hero
@WarrenKWoodhouse Are you still having this error ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 17 (611 Views)

Re: [PS4] Error Code 816

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Cade @crinrict I've managed to find a workaround to this technical issue I've experienced. The issue is related to a lot that corrupted, oddly, corrupted after placing the lot from my library to any lot on a world map.

This is before the gallery was introduced to the PS4 version of the game. Went back to a different and earlier game save which had the original lot still on the save and managed to upload the lot to my gallery on The Sims 4 official gallery website. The lounge lot is called "Oasis Chapel Bar & Pool".

I honestly do not know how this issue happened originally so I posted about this on an unofficial fan community on PS4 Communities, the community is called The Sims 4 Community. On the community I've posted about this issue last year stating everything I've mentioned in my original post, shown below. I posted stating that if the gallery feature was on the PS4 version of the game I would be able to recover lots from earlier saves.

So I was thinking heavily about this and I believe this issue is related to the Library Save Game File in the system database. I've tried rebuilding the database, this was a deadend as the issue was still persisting. Library and Save Game related issue relative to loading algorithms in the video game itself is a possible cause. Loading issues are also present on other games too which have been resolved on other games such as The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on the PS4, some issues on that game feature graphical glitches and loading issues with save game files. Thank God for the Auto Save feature in video games.

The only other problem I found with this issue was that if you upload it from an earlier save before the issue occurred, it saves the lot as "BY YOU" with "ORIGINALLY BY YOU" underneath, which presents another technical issue as well. You might want to look further into this on your end as I don't have The Sims 4 on the PC so I'm unable to create a mod to rectify this issue. I do hope this gets resolved otherwise the workaround will be the only available option to other gamers experiencing this same issue.

So the game save caused a technical crash from a building lot issue when placing the lot from my library to an empty lot via the world map.

WORKAROUND: Upload lot to the gallery from an earlier save game file.

CLICK HERE to see the entire list of creations by me on the official Sims 4 Gallery.

Original Post (Shown Below)

@WarrenKWoodhouse wrote:

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? v1.18
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None except for the Free Stuff Packs which are Grim’s Ghoulish Guitar and Holiday Free Stuff Pack. I would love to see more free packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you have saved build projects in your library from Save File 1 to Save File 10, then you’re more than likely to probably see this error.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game still runs normally and performs the same as it should do with other glitches that occur in the game as normal but one build project in the library is indefinitely corrupted as a result of this error.
What do you expect to see? My build project that I can use that I’ve tried to add to a lot (Municipal Muses Lot) but my build project showed a red ! symbol saying “Incomplete” and when I go into the lot via Build from the World Map, the game crashes and I have to restart the game as a result.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

REF: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Re-ERROR-CODE-816/m-p/8182303

Reason for adding a new post: because someone moved my post 2 weeks ago on the original post I was writing.

——

The issue is that the library has a bug entirely through and through. Even when I’ve managed to rebuild database, reinstall the game on my PS4, the error message still persists.

I’ve included a screenshot taken with my iPhone 7 (Product Red) showcasing the error message. Apparently my image is too large to include a screenshot of, so I’ve included a link to the image instead.

Post URL: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2709534319058372&set=a.1042149859130168&type=3&sfns=mo

Edit: Check out this playlist I’ve put together showcasing the various issues I’ve encountered while playing The Sims 4: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdSVyIXfBubKDNuYDtGKAvXhHCjmpkrzb

Message 17 of 17 (2,211 Views)