Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PS4] Error Code 816

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? v1.18
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None except for the Free Stuff Packs which are Grim’s Ghoulish Guitar and Holiday Free Stuff Pack. I would love to see more free packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you have saved build projects in your library from Save File 1 to Save File 10, then you’re more than likely to probably see this error.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game still runs normally and performs the same as it should do with other glitches that occur in the game as normal but one build project in the library is indefinitely corrupted as a result of this error.
What do you expect to see? My build project that I can use that I’ve tried to add to a lot (Municipal Muses Lot) but my build project showed a red ! symbol saying “Incomplete” and when I go into the lot via Build from the World Map, the game crashes and I have to restart the game as a result.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

REF: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Re-ERROR-CODE-816/m-p/8182303

Reason for adding a new post: because someone moved my post 2 weeks ago on the original post I was writing.

——

The issue is that the library has a bug entirely through and through. Even when I’ve managed to rebuild database, reinstall the game on my PS4, the error message still persists.

I’ve included a screenshot taken with my iPhone 7 (Product Red) showcasing the error message. Apparently my image is too large to include a screenshot of, so I’ve included a link to the image instead.

Post URL: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2709534319058372&set=a.1042149859130168&type=3&sfns=mo

Edit: Check out this playlist I’ve put together showcasing the various issues I’ve encountered while playing The Sims 4: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdSVyIXfBubKDNuYDtGKAvXhHCjmpkrzb

Message 11 of 17 (1,733 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PS4] Error Code 816

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Cade @crinrict I've managed to find a workaround to this technical issue I've experienced. The issue is related to a lot that corrupted, oddly, corrupted after placing the lot from my library to any lot on a world map.

This is before the gallery was introduced to the PS4 version of the game. Went back to a different and earlier game save which had the original lot still on the save and managed to upload the lot to my gallery on The Sims 4 official gallery website. The lounge lot is called "Oasis Chapel Bar & Pool".

I honestly do not know how this issue happened originally so I posted about this on an unofficial fan community on PS4 Communities, the community is called The Sims 4 Community. On the community I've posted about this issue last year stating everything I've mentioned in my original post, shown below. I posted stating that if the gallery feature was on the PS4 version of the game I would be able to recover lots from earlier saves.

So I was thinking heavily about this and I believe this issue is related to the Library Save Game File in the system database. I've tried rebuilding the database, this was a deadend as the issue was still persisting. Library and Save Game related issue relative to loading algorithms in the video game itself is a possible cause. Loading issues are also present on other games too which have been resolved on other games such as The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on the PS4, some issues on that game feature graphical glitches and loading issues with save game files. Thank God for the Auto Save feature in video games.

The only other problem I found with this issue was that if you upload it from an earlier save before the issue occurred, it saves the lot as "BY YOU" with "ORIGINALLY BY YOU" underneath, which presents another technical issue as well. You might want to look further into this on your end as I don't have The Sims 4 on the PC so I'm unable to create a mod to rectify this issue. I do hope this gets resolved otherwise the workaround will be the only available option to other gamers experiencing this same issue.

So the game save caused a technical crash from a building lot issue when placing the lot from my library to an empty lot via the world map.

WORKAROUND: Upload lot to the gallery from an earlier save game file.

CLICK HERE to see the entire list of creations by me on the official Sims 4 Gallery.

Original Post (Shown Below)

@WarrenKWoodhouse wrote:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? v1.18
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None except for the Free Stuff Packs which are Grim’s Ghoulish Guitar and Holiday Free Stuff Pack. I would love to see more free packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you have saved build projects in your library from Save File 1 to Save File 10, then you’re more than likely to probably see this error.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game still runs normally and performs the same as it should do with other glitches that occur in the game as normal but one build project in the library is indefinitely corrupted as a result of this error.
What do you expect to see? My build project that I can use that I’ve tried to add to a lot (Municipal Muses Lot) but my build project showed a red ! symbol saying “Incomplete” and when I go into the lot via Build from the World Map, the game crashes and I have to restart the game as a result.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

REF: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Re-ERROR-CODE-816/m-p/8182303

Reason for adding a new post: because someone moved my post 2 weeks ago on the original post I was writing.

——

The issue is that the library has a bug entirely through and through. Even when I’ve managed to rebuild database, reinstall the game on my PS4, the error message still persists.

I’ve included a screenshot taken with my iPhone 7 (Product Red) showcasing the error message. Apparently my image is too large to include a screenshot of, so I’ve included a link to the image instead.

Post URL: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2709534319058372&set=a.1042149859130168&type=3&sfns=mo

Edit: Check out this playlist I’ve put together showcasing the various issues I’ve encountered while playing The Sims 4: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdSVyIXfBubKDNuYDtGKAvXhHCjmpkrzb

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (2,097 Views)

All Replies

Re: ERROR CODE 816

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Whenever I try to travel to the Municipal Muses Museum in Willow Creek I get Error Code 816. I had sent my Sims on a date there and while loading the game crashed. The game would crash when I tried to load their household but after playing another household in the same neighborhood with auto aging on I was able to get back into the affected household. Can't seem to solve the problem with the lot tho. 

It took me a couple days to spend the time and try out everything I could think of to fix it but this is where I'm at currently:

No mods, no cc, no cheats, tried repair game in Origin. Base game only.
I tried doing a search for this error code the first time it happened a few days ago and didn't see anything. Has anyone else had this issue?
I'm going to do a trial and error process to see if it's just that lot, only on dates, only multiple Sims travelling etc.

Edit1:Going on a date to Magnolia Park with the same Sims did not bring up this error.
Edit2: Same error when a single Sim attempted to travel to this museum. Must be a problem with the lot itself.
Edit3: Cannot load the lot by itself in build mode from Manage Worlds. I've tried but it's been stuck on a loading screen for over half an hour.
Edit4: After an hour on the loading screen I forceclosed. I'm going to test out the rest of the lots.

Final Update for now: I can get into every other community lot in the game except this one, so I guess for the time being I'll just forget about that museum. Luckily there's one in Oasis Springs. I can't think of anything else to try so I'm just gonna cross post this and hope someone notices.
If anyone has any ideas what to do about this I'm all ears.

This same error occurred today when I was selecting a build I made and tried to add it to a lot of the same size. Once it was saying “Building Lot”, afterwards a symbol appeared on where the lot should be and it read “Incomplete”. When I tried to go into build mode from the world map, it showed the error message “error code 816: Game failed to load. It’s recommended that you restart the game.”, instead of restarting I tried to reapply the build design on the same lot and the game crashed. I believe it’s a technical error and might apply to the game loading mechanism that loads build designs in the map.

This still happens in the recent update of The Sims 4 on the PlayStation 4 Home Entertainment System.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Game: The Sims 4

System: PlayStation 4

Game Version: v1.18

Message 1 of 17 (1,981 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@WarrenKWoodhouse As this thread is from 2015, it's best to create a new report.

As your Report was split by a CM, could you please edit your post and fill out the form.

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (1,970 Views)

Community Manager

@WarrenKWoodhouse Hiya, I've moved your thread off of the original post as it was from 2015, please feel free to continue here Standard smile

EACade
Message 3 of 17 (1,956 Views)

Hero
@WarrenKWoodhouse Coudl you fill in the form and give me the full number of the error you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (1,886 Views)

★★ Apprentice

There wasn’t a form, it was a pop up message in the game on the PlayStation 4 Home Entertainment System. I figured out why the error code was generating, the game caused an error in the library section of the game again and this made some of my own creations to go entirely missing and some are bugged as a result.

I’ve already done database rebuild numerous times but I think the best result would be if your team was to update the game to include the ability for exporting library saves that we’ve generated (Rooms, Lots, Families, Sims) as separate save files individually, that would resolve the issue that the game is actually having because the game seems to bug the library every single time, even if the database has been rebuilt. Technical error on your end (software related error).

So I’ve decided to delete the bugged saves and re-save them into the library section. Currently I’ve only been using the Base Game since the date of original purchase so the most issues I’ve found (this one being the worst) is in the Base Game.

There is absolutely no form to fill out in game directly for filling error messages but if there was a way to do that in the PS4 version, believe me I would have used the form by now instead of this forum thread.

Message 5 of 17 (1,853 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@WarrenKWoodhouse Hiya, Crin is referring to the form that populates here when making a new post in this forum.

EACade
Message 6 of 17 (1,843 Views)

Hero
@WarrenKWoodhouse Just edit your first post and there will be a form to fill out. Since your post was split, there wasn't one before. But if you edit it now, there should be one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 17 (1,843 Views)

★★ Apprentice

What’s the link to the original post, I’ll fill the form out now once I know the link. Is it this current post at the top?

Message 8 of 17 (1,806 Views)

Hero
@WarrenKWoodhouse yes, the first post of this thread (aka current post at the top)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Re-ERROR-CODE-816/m-p/8182206#

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 17 (1,797 Views)