by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

[PS4] [ECO] Turning off NPC voting causes my game to freeze

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into game options/ Eco Lifestyle and uncheck the box for npc voting, when applying changes the game freezes
What happens when the bug occurs? When I uncheck the box for NPC voting in game options/ Eco Lifestyle and then click apply changes, my game freezes and I’m unable to do anything other than exit the application (without going to main menu). I’ve tried numerous times and it happens each time
What do you expect to see? The game not freezing when turning off npc voting
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Recently updated to version 1.27

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template, Added Tag to title

Message 1 of 5 (1,760 Views)

Re: [PS4] Turning off NPC voting causes my game to freeze

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I can duplicate this issue. If you turn off NPC voting in Manage Worlds, the menus get stuck on the screen and you can't close them. You have to force close the game. This doesn't seem to happen if you disable NPC voting in Live mode.

Edit: The freeze also doesn't seem to happen if you are in the choose a world screen, so you can disable the voting on loading a new game before choosing a world. You won't end up with random votes happening from having to load to live mode to disable the voting.

The freeze does happen if you try to disable voting from inside a selected world.

So, TLDR: Disable voting from the World Selection Screen in manage worlds, not in a world. Or you can Disable voting in Live Mode.

Message 2 of 5 (1,685 Views)

Re: [PS4] Turning off NPC voting causes my game to freeze

★★ Guide

@PoptartJuniper wrote:

I can duplicate this issue. If you turn off NPC voting in Manage Worlds, the menus get stuck on the screen and you can't close them. You have to force close the game. This doesn't seem to happen if you disable NPC voting in Live mode.

Thanks for this! Tried in Live Mode and it worked!  Standard smile 

Message 3 of 5 (1,641 Views)

Freeze

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.37
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a game Go into settings from Paul’s menu Check both the Eco Lifestyle settings
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to disable the Eco Lifestyle things and the game freezes and will not do anything.
What do you expect to see? Be able to disable the Eco Lifestyle setting without the game freezing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

No videos or photos; please look Into this.

Message 4 of 5 (1,244 Views)

Re: Freeze

Hero (Retired)
@SwanQueenVI I've merged your post into the bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post.

If you turn off the voting from the world selection menu, the game should not freeze. If you turn it off inside a selected world, the game will freeze every time.
Message 5 of 5 (1,217 Views)