by XiaoLiJuan888

Original Post

[PS4] [DU] Final exams didnt happened at last day of term

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? seasons, pets and get famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait until the sim’s last day of term
What happens when the bug occurs? It turns out some of my uni student sims didnt take final exams during the last day of term/class even though it says that they must have taken it. The game didnt recognised it and because of that my sims didnt complete its core objectives of the subject. This bug occurs to certain sims only.
What do you expect to see? game should recognised final exams at every sims last day of term.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

DF7F1295-1C59-49D8-BC27-B38FC42EF4D4.jpegE02D93BD-072C-4FC3-A197-73D36289BB48.jpegFor example one of my sim was enrolled in arts history and she studies very hard for her finals and during the last day of term all she does was attend regular classes( as you can see in the second picture) and her goal to complete final exam was not ticked as a result. This pisses me off because I was planning to get her A+ on her subject and because of that she got a D! Stupid sims 4! 

Message 1 of 15 (17,644 Views)

Re: DU: Final exams didnt happened at last day of term

Hero
@XiaoLiJuan888 Did you have a holiday during the term with days off ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (17,585 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

No there are no holidays happening on that day. 

Message 3 of 15 (17,571 Views)

Hero
@XiaoLiJuan888 Not only on that day. During the whole term, did you ever have a holiday - while your Sim was at Uni ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (17,563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yes from the whole term there is winterfest holiday happening. I also did a quick look at the calendar before  during winterfest holiday and if I’m not mistaken, a New Years Eve holiday should come up 2 day after Winterfest has finished but the game didnt recognise this type of holiday and no holiday goals have shown up.

For example in my situation the winterfest holiday happens on Wednesday and on Friday it should be NYE which was the last term for all of my sims but I think this might be a bug as the game didnt recognize the NYE holiday as no notifications or goals have been shown at the top left of the screen.

Message 5 of 15 (17,561 Views)

Hero
@XiaoLiJuan888 Then it's probably this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-DU-Academic-probation-due-to-holidays-forcing-da...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (17,553 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict no I dont think its the same issue because the type of bug that you showed me was someone’s sims not attending their last class as holiday happens. But in my situation I did attend classes but the game didn’t recognise the final exam at the end of the term. Instead it recognises the last day of term  as regular classes so there are no finals exams happening although its a requirement

Message 7 of 15 (17,546 Views)

Hero
@XiaoLiJuan888 There's many reports like yours in that thread (did you read all ?) and I do think it's related/the same cause the holiday is the common factor.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (17,516 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I did take a look at the whole bug post that you linked me and yes my issues seems to match with some players. In that case I think my post could be merged with the one you gave me but mine was not caused by holiday.

Message 9 of 15 (17,449 Views)

Hero
@XiaoLiJuan888 As you're on console, I'm leaving separate for now.

Try if you get the same issue if you don't have any holidays.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 15 (17,426 Views)