by PlyMood

Original Post

[PS4] Crashing in basements

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Vampires, Perfect Patio, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a basement and furnish it with emotional aura items and then let sims use these objects and the game will crash and sometimes just freeze. Most of the time, if the sims are using televisions, computers, or objects with emotional auras. It crashes and gives this code: CE-34878-0 Sometimes it could be as simple as them going down the stairs to use one of the objects. I haven't tried basements on other lots but I'll let you know whenever I do. I can replicate this most of the time. The lot I'm using for my sims is in Newcrest, the uppermost 15x20 lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Most of the time, if the sims are using televisions, computers, or objects with emotional auras. It crashes and gives this code: CE-34878-0 Sometimes it could be as simple as them going down the stairs to use any of the objects downstairs. I haven't tried basements on other lots but I'll let you know whenever I do. I can replicate this most of the time. The lot I'm using for my sims is in Newcrest, the uppermost 15x20 lot.
What do you expect to see? The game should not crash and work normally like any other place in the game's world.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've tried to capture a video of the crash but whenever I check my capture files it says there are no files. The only time it lets record is when I send a report to Sony but even then I cannot save it. So I'll try to use my phone to film it and when I do I'll update this post.

Message 6 of 14 (2,148 Views)

The Sims 4 on PS4 keeps crashing in basements!

★★★★ Novice

Since I started playing the game, the game almost all the time crashes and sometimes freezes indefinitely when my sims use the basement I've made for them. I contacted EA customer service but they couldn't help. I've contacted PlayStation support but they have no clue about anything and everything. They asked me to format my PS4 but I just don't see the necessity of it. The Sims 4 is the only game that crashes on my console and everything else runs beautifully. What should I do? And if the devs refuse to fix the game how do I get a refund?

Message 1 of 14 (2,164 Views)

Re: [PS4] Sim Doesn't Perform Actions

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Mai

Can you please report that the game is crashing in basements? Every time my sims use anything in the basement the game crashes. I've posted two threads about this but didn't get any responses. 

Message 2 of 14 (2,135 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @PlyMood,

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Do you know if it happens in other basements in other lots as well? Could you try that? It might be something is going wrong with the current lot or the basement you are playing in, or it could be a problem with basements in general. It would be helpful to know that Wink

Would you be willing to fill the bug report template here?: https://answers.ea.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/The-Sims-4-Bugs I'll merge this thread to the bug report if you do it.

Please, include any error codes you get when the game crashes.

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 3 of 14 (2,111 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thank you for your reply @EA_Mai. I tried to access the link you've given me but it says that I need permission.

Most of the time, if the sims are using televisions, computers, or objects with emotional auras. It crashed and gives this code:

CE-34878-0

Sometimes it could be as simple as them going down the stairs to use one of the objects. I haven't tried basements on other lots but I'll let you know whenever I do.

I can replicate this most of the time. The lot I'm using for my sims is in Newcrest, the uppermost 15x20 lot. 

Let me know when I'll be able to fill out that report.

Thanks again,

Maux

Message 4 of 14 (2,104 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @PlyMood,

Thank you very much for the extra information, and sorry about the link, apparently I put an extra space in there Embarrassed  Should be fixed now, please, give it another try. And feel free to copy/paste from your previous posts if you already answered any of the questions, no need to write the same again unless you have any new information to add.

Thanks again,

-Mai

Message 5 of 14 (2,091 Views)

[PS4] Game crashing when doing most things in a basement

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a basement and use a chess board or computer.
What happens when the bug occurs? When doing things in a basement the game occasionally freezes but crashes more often than not. The game crashes and exists to PS4 dashboard.
What do you expect to see? The game to not crash
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When doing things in a basement the game occasionally freezes but crashes more often than not. The game crashes and exists to PS4 dashboard. This behavior is limited to basements.

Message 7 of 14 (1,991 Views)

Re: [PS4] Game crashing when doing most things in a basement

EA app Team

Hi @fmedges,

I merged your report with an existing report we have on this.

Thanks,

EA_Mage

Someone answered your question? Hit that 'Accept as Solution' button.

You like a post? 'XP' button is your friend.

Message 8 of 14 (1,974 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've hadn't it happen to me on three different lots.
Message 9 of 14 (1,956 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This happened to me also, I think the game needs a repair or an update or something. Standard smile
Message 10 of 14 (1,712 Views)