Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Firestorm
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? Firestorm
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 03.09.2019 08:30
Summarize your bug PS4 TOUCH Button doesnt work, i mean slide UP, touchpad up or down, left to right doesnt work
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Custom controller and put touch pad up, down, left right to your button, and doesnt work
What happens when the bug occurs? touch pad doesnt work
What should be happening instead? slide up, down, left, right, doesnt work in my ps4 controller since the last update, fix it please

Message 1 of 8 (3,018 Views)

Re: PS4 Controller directional touchpad does not work since the last update

★★ Novice
@LC_Leos420 Can confirm. The button works but no sliding.
Message 2 of 8 (2,952 Views)

The swipe function in either direction as its' own 'key' is no longer working.

★ Guide

I was going to create a new thread but this is the same issue I'm having. The touch button press works fine, but the swipe controls are completely de-activated after the v1.24 patch. 

This is a major setback for myself. I used three of my swipe directions to switch to specific seat position numbers within any vehicle, and the last direction I used to swap through map magnification levels. Having to go through every vehicle position in a halftrack, tank, or even some aircraft, is a pain, and extremely disadvantaging. Being able to swap through zoom levels was also really handy as it reduces the need for pulling up the big map frequently. 

Message 3 of 8 (2,895 Views)

Re: The swipe function in either direction as its' own 'key' is no longer workin

★ Guide

So these would be the inputs in question! 

Message 4 of 8 (2,884 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@LC_Leos420 The problem is still there after the most recent update yesterday... very annoying.
Message 5 of 8 (2,798 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@LC_Leos420 Could be worse, on xbox the game is currently unplayable. You always start the game offline because it cannot connect, if you hit the xbox button on your controller it removes you from the game, and it disconnects you from the EA servers at will. Currently can't even play a game without getting disconnected, and it's happening to every single person on my friends list who plays BF5. It's kinda funny to watch in game though, you can literally watch people dcing all over the map. 

Message 6 of 8 (2,777 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@LC_Leos420 Same here. Hadn't played in a while and use to have large map on swipe right. Obiously blamed the controller cuz as buggy as this game is, i didnt think they could stop buttons from working. Works in other games tho.
Message 7 of 8 (2,742 Views)

★ Novice
@LC_Leos420 Isn't there supposed to be some sort of reply from an EA moderator?

Guess they're just stunned...

I spent a lot of time fine tuning every control scheme with the touch pad functionality in mind. I will not be spending time to retrain myself.

JUST undo whatcha went and gone did EA!
Message 8 of 8 (2,665 Views)