Original Post

PS4 Colossus down bug in GM2 Freeplay

★★ Guide

Product: Anthem
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
Please select your region Europe
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Mandible near Scar Tower
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 23 August 2019
Summarize your bug Armour starts rapidly declining and the game starts becoming jumpy/warping.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fighting Scars after 5 - 8 minutes then the down Javelin bug begins.
What happens when the bug occurs? Going into the section solo then armour starts rapidly declining and the game starts becoming jumpy/warping.
What should be happening instead? Being able to fight the Scars and complete the section in Freeplay and move on to another area.

I have no idea how to explain what this bug is with Colossus but it is the second time I've encountered this in Freeplay fighting the Scars on my own in Grandmaster 2 then my armour starts rapidly declining.

https://youtu.be/QnNISmHl4wQ

Message 1 of 12 (8,004 Views)

Re: PS4 Colossus down bug in GM2 Freeplay

@vfx211  I just started having this bug in april 2020....couldn't find anyone else but has been happening for a while so.

If you are still playing, does it still happen ?

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 2 of 12 (7,853 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Valhalla-strider yeah, this has been happening after reset today to me aswell, I play on the PC. I remember this beeing an issue shortly after release of the game.. not sure if it's the same bug, but it looks like it is
Message 3 of 12 (7,696 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@pimpaljoenFrom other similar threads, this isn’t an issue only with players on colossus. It’s more like a glitch when in some mini-dungeons and many times at the entrance. There are a few other similar threads on it. It generally doesn’t always happen and The Hollow is not the only place it sometimes occurs (if it was always reproducible, it would likely be easier to fix).

It has been reported to the devs.

Message 4 of 12 (7,685 Views)

@pimpaljoen   hello, I made an other post on that elusive bug, you can add a "me too"  on it : 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/HIDDEN-PLACES-BUG/m-p/8995715#M24021

It is difficult for the devs to replicate but they're looking at it... Since then it doesn't happen to me much, I am trying to find a pattern but didn't find anything yet.

Message 5 of 12 (7,667 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Message 6 of 12 (7,662 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having same problem. I guess it never got fixed. It make the hollows unplayable. 

Message 7 of 12 (7,337 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@triprobert77 For many players, this kind of issue sometimes switches to a different mini-dungeon if you get on a different server. Certainly, if it happens more than once on your current server, you should just avoid that mini-dungeon for your current session.
Message 8 of 12 (7,301 Views)

@triprobert77   they can't fix because they can't reproduce it...too volatile. It will disappear and come back to an other dungeon or not....you might have that problem again.

Message 9 of 12 (7,297 Views)

★ Novice

This just happened to me also today (17-Feb-2021) in this same place. It started with me switching weapons and then it becomes jumpy and taking damage. I'm on PC with an Interceptor.

Message 10 of 12 (7,041 Views)