Re: [PS4] Chat Actions Getting Stuck in Action Bar

by SimGuruIcarus

Original Post

[PS4] Chat Actions Getting Stuck in Action Bar

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Deluxe Edition, City Living, Dine Out, Perfect Patio, Vintage Glamour, Luxury Party, Cool Kitchen, Romantic Garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Happens randomly when sims talk to each other. Hard to pinpoint the cause.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will talk to each other normally. When the conversation ends, the "Chat" action bubble on the left side of the screen, in the action bar, will remain with an X through it, but never actually get cancelled. It just stays there, clogging up the action bar. It happens more often in group conversations than with a one-on-one conversation. The bubbles that get stuck seem to always be the ones without a specific sim's portrait, and instead are just the plain white chat bubbles or the 2 figures standing beside each other.
What do you expect to see? I expect the chat bubbles to be cleared from the active list as soon as they finish, just like all the other actions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just wanted to add that you can force the action bar to clear itself by traveling to another lot. I imagine the loading screen somehow fixes the issue. It shouldn't be necessary to constantly travel because your action bar is getting cluttered with completed chat actions that refuse to be removed. It seems to happen more frequently when manually cancelling a chat action, but can happen even when the sims stop talking of their own accord.

Message 1 of 4 (640 Views)

Re: [PS4] Chat Actions Getting Stuck in Action Bar

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi there @Figblat

We tried to reproduce this issue but we were unable to.

We have one question for you though, if you are willing to answer:

Are you still experiencing this issue often?

When this issue occurred, were you in an active career lot? Like the Hospital, Police station etc...?

Thank you very much!

Message 2 of 4 (586 Views)

Chat Stuck In Queue

★★★ Newbie

On PS4, I have a sim that has the Chat command stuck in its queue. It started when my sim and his partner failed to WooHoo and just stood in place before getting them to try again. The command doesn't seem to be stopping my sim from doing anything, but it is very annoying.

Message 3 of 4 (472 Views)

Re: Chat Stuck In Queue

Hero (Retired)

@Doomotron I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

You can clear the action by traveling, which on PS4 isn't great, or by going into build mode and dropping some furniture on top of the sim to reset them.

You can also cheat to reset them but this will negate trophies.

Message 4 of 4 (456 Views)