by KEW0701

Original Post

[PS4] Cannot play existing households or place new houses on 64x64 lots

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EP03: 1.assets.live-EP03.156
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except for Eco
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to play an existing household on a 64x64 lot and/or try to place a house from the library/gallery on a 64x64 lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game crashes and gives the 34878 error code
What do you expect to see? To be able to use the 64x64 lots without the game immediately crashing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So I spent quite a bit of time testing this issue and I’ll share what I found. 

My main flagship household is a celebrity couple that lives in a mansion on the upper 64x64 lot in Windenburg. I placed the mansion on that lot back in September of 2019 and have been playing on it since with no problems, other than the lag you get from playing on any of the 64x64 lots. I hadn’t played this household since early March but it opened and played fine back then. I recently went back in and tried to play them again a week or two ago. I selected the household from Manage Worlds and started to load it and the game crashed and gaveMe the dreaded PS4 34878 error code blue screen of death that I see way too often. Anyway, I tried loading the household multiple times and the game crashed every single time.

From Manage Worlds, I then moved that household to a different lot (a smaller lot) to see if the household would load from there. It did. It loaded fine and I was able to play the Sims so I ruled out any of the Sims being corrupted.

I then went down to the lower 64x64 lot in Windenburg, which in my save file is empty, and tried to place their mansion there fresh from my library. Again, the game crashed when trying to place the mansion. I wasn’t sure if the mansion was corrupted so I tried to place a different, random house from the gallery on the same 64x64 lot and it crashed as well. I tried this 3 different times and was never able to place anything from the library/gallery on any of my 64x64 lots. The game crashed every single time. 

I had an already existing empty house sitting on the 64x64 lot in Del Sol Valley and I was able to move my Sims in there and load it and play it.

I then went over to Brindleton Bay and was able to move a new Sim into the existing empty house on the 64x64 lot there, but when I bulldozed it and tried to place something random from the gallery/library, the game once again crashed.

What I wound up doing (as a temporary workaround for my flagship household) was placing my Sims mansion from my library onto a 50x50 lot in Willow Creek and trimmed off a couple of outbuildings to make it fit. I was able to load the mansion successfully onto the 50x50 lot, move my Sims into it, and load and play the household. So this proved to me that neither my Sims nor that particular lot (the mansion) is the issue. 

So from what I can tell, the 64x64 lots are not really functioning. If there was an empty existing house on a 64x64 lot, I can successfully access and load it. However, I could not play an existing household that was already on a 64x64 lot, nor can I now place anything new from the gallery/library on any of my 64x64 lots. 

Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 3 (956 Views)

Re: [PS4] Cannot play existing households or place new houses on 64x64 lots

★★ Novice

I have a similar issue with the brindleton bay lot as well.   I can load a new sim to all other lots but this lot is only available unfurnished.   I did make sure to have the free realestate cheat on as well.  My game is repaired and updated too.   It seems to be only this lot.   I tried different houses and still can't load a new house build on it.   Its very strange.  

Message 2 of 3 (646 Views)

Re: [PS4] Cannot play existing households or place new houses on 64x64 lots

Hero
@sassycharli Is this on a new save or after playing a while ? It doesn't sound like the same issue or is your game crashing as well ?

Are you on console ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (621 Views)