by SimGuruIcarus

Original Post

[PS4] Can’t progress in aspiration?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vintage, city life, vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My goal is to play music for 1 hour whilst inspired. My sim is inspired and is playing guitar yet it won’t ublock. I’ve tried this several times, and each time I used a different guitar interaction whilst inspired and it still wouldn’t work.
What happens when the bug occurs? My goal is to play music for 1 hour whilst inspired. My sim is inspired and is playing guitar yet it won’t ublock. I’ve tried this several times, and each time I used a different guitar interaction whilst inspired and it still wouldn’t work.
What do you expect to see? I excpect my bar to complete once my sim has done the guitar playing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I’ve tried reloading my game but it didn’t fix it. It’s really frustrating.

Message 1 of 6 (1,200 Views)

Re: [PS4] Can’t progress in aspiration?

Community Manager (retired)

Are you playing the guitar (while inspired) for a full, uninterrupted hour? Progress is not saved if the Sim cancels the interaction autonomously or puts the guitar down before an hour has passed.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 6 (1,137 Views)

★★★ Novice
There is also an issue with the successful lineage aspiration. The game doesn't seem to register when the sim's child has achieved an A in school and so it is not possible to pass that aspiration without cheats, which is frustrating as I am trying to get the PS4 trophies and so I am avoiding the cheats for now!
Message 3 of 6 (1,069 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @HannahM591

I have some questions for you if you are willing to answer Standard smile

Is this a Child or Teen? Is the Child in question Adopted, created with CAS Add Sim, CAS Genetics panel, or with "Try for a Baby" in gameplay?

Thank you very much!

Message 4 of 6 (1,007 Views)

★★★ Novice

It was a child but they were made in CAS as part of a household but genetically linked to the father.

Message 5 of 6 (1,000 Views)

EA Staff

Hey @HannahM591

The milestone states "Have a Child Earn an 'A' in High School". So in order to do it the sim must be a teen. This is the intended design.

Thank you for your report, and please feel free to reach us if you find any other problems!. Standard smile

Happy Simming!

Message 6 of 6 (983 Views)