by FrAnKiEBaBy0212

Original Post

[PS4] Can't help toddler blow out candles to age up at birthday party

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? No expansions, Vampires game pack, Luxury Party, Vintage Glamour, Cool Kitchen, Patio stuff packs. No mods, no cheats being used.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Throw a birthday party for a toddler. Try to help toddler blow out candles on a birthday cake. Can't use an adult to select cake's blow out candles option. Also, does not work when you use child to ask adult for help to blow out candles. Will not give me option to age up any toddler at all when I just choose "Age Up" on the birthday cake. Was unable to age toddler up at his birthday party after 3 tries. I gave up.
What happens when the bug occurs? Adult picks up toddler, stands there, then puts toddler down without completing the action. Sim then starts doing something else a if action was never chosen.
What do you expect to see? I expect the adult to take toddler over to cake, help toddler blow out candles, and the toddler to age up. I also expect the task to be completed on the list of birthday party activities.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

How long does it take to greet a fix on something like this? Very difficult to play with this issue.

Message 1 of 3 (5,071 Views)

Re: Can't help toddler blow out candles to age up at birthday party

Hero

Did you try moving the cake to a different surface ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (5,059 Views)

Re: Can't help toddler blow out candles to age up at birthday party

★★ Novice
Yes, nothing was working. But I think I did find the issue. I went back to a previous save before the party. This time I baked a brand new cake during the party. When the adult helped the toddler blow out the candles, it worked correctly on the first try.

The issue seems to be the cake. I had my sim bake cakes when she first achieved the aspiration reward where food doesn't spoil. We put birthday candles on top so no one would eat them. They've been in the fridge for some time. For some reason this seems to have caused the action not to work with one of those birthday cakes.

I will come back if I can confirm this with the next toddler birthday party.
Thanks for the quick response!
Message 3 of 3 (5,038 Views)