by CMeki

Original Post

[PS4] Can't get married

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires city living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have to use guy sim to even see the plan wedding/elope option. My girl sim it says I have to dismiss from employ, they don't have same jobs or from same family. It'll let me plan wedding bUT they will not get married it just pops up and goes away. Same with elope. Neither are vampires
What happens when the bug occurs? Won't get married
What do you expect to see? I want to be able to marry so I can complete my goals
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I need to get married to complete my life goal. I got married once before and I had to use the guy sim to do the whole thing cuz the dismiss employ still came up then. We divorced and neither are married now.

Message 1 of 6 (716 Views)

Re: [PS4] Can't get married

Champion (Retired)

@Snowbaby0341

This has been an issue for PC too, could you try the work around these threads offer?

Archived PC - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ARCHIVED-Sims-cannot-propose/m-p/6179544/highlight/true#M52956

New PC - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Can-t-get-married-because-Sim-works-for-me/m-p/6443...

• See if you have romantic bar (negative romance bar could also be relevant, unsure) with any other sims.
  • Meet up with all of them and ask to just be friends (friendly interaction).
  • Try to get married again.

Message 2 of 6 (692 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I will try those thank you
Message 3 of 6 (683 Views)

★★★★ Novice
That worked thank you so much!
Message 4 of 6 (678 Views)

★★★★ Novice
It was confusing cuz she was my girlfriend the first time I got married even tho it wouldn't let me initiate it, it still allowed it to happen, so I didn't even think of that being the problem. Thanks again!
Message 5 of 6 (674 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Haha no problem! :eahigh_file:

Message 6 of 6 (672 Views)