by Pantheracus

Original Post

[WORKAROUND] [PS4/XB1] [CD] Can't enter dog breed name

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Spo5:1.assets.live-sp05.140
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover university, seasons, cats and dogs, get to work, get together, jungle adventure, parenthood, dine out, outdoor retreat, tiny living, laundry day, toddler stuff, fitness stuff, bowling night, romantic garden, movie hangout, spooky stuff, cool kitchen,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have two dogs of two different breeds have a litter. Go into CAS with the puppies and then confirm to exit. It will say must enter all requirements. Go to bio and it will say enter breed name.
What happens when the bug occurs? You cannot enter the breed name. No box pops up to enter words when pressing X
What do you expect to see? I need to be able to name the breed so I can exit CAS
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi,

I have a bit of a problem. I was editing an outfit for a sim in a household with a new puppy (mixed). As I went to confirm and exit I was told to fill in all requirements.

It says that I need to fill in what breed the puppy is except when I go to select the text box to type in the breed nothing comes up to enter a name... No popup for word entry. I can't exit CAS without entering this. I have tried multiple times. 

Is there any way around this or a fix? Its incredibly frustrating.

Please help fix this

Thanks

- Workaround - Randomize the pet clothing and it should make the pet a mixed-breed.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Edit by PoptartJuniper: Added the Workaround

Message 3 of 61 (17,497 Views)

No new breed name

★★ Novice

Hi,

I have the Pets expansion pack on XBox one and have successfully had my two dogs (different breeds) have a puppy.

However, when I went in to edit my Sim's clothes I couldn't save any changes and the screen jumped to the new dog with a message saying something like all fields must be completed. When I open up the name and personality traits of dog in that page the beed name is black but highlighted in red with an exclamation mark. I can't, however edit this at all. I have tried clicking on dog's body and then back but nothing.

I moved her out of the house and things went back to normal for the first household and I could edit them. The second household then had the same issues until I had to have her adopted.

Any ideas? I couldn't find anything anywhere about this issue.

Message 1 of 61 (16,703 Views)

Re: No new breed name

Hero (Retired)

@Curlyzone That is a peculiar issue. Does it persist after shutting down your console? 

Powering Down your console completely (not rest mode). XB1

Unplug the console and let it sit for 2 minutes. Plug the console back in and restart the game.

Message 2 of 61 (16,641 Views)

Re: Can't enter dog breed name (PS4)

Hero (Retired)

@Pantheracus You can try using the home button to go to the console home screen and then press it again to go back into the game to see if the virtual keyboard appears.

Message 4 of 61 (17,394 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just had the same issue with the PS4 version. Was this resolved? Did this happen again? I would hate to get rid of the dog... 

Message 5 of 61 (16,579 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Player_ah7c2nkb The OP never came back and said one way or another so I have no idea if this was resolved. You can also try shutting down your PS4 completely. 

Press and hold the power button on the front until the console beeps twice, the power bar darkens and then the system is turned off. Let it sit for 2 minutes and then power it back on.

Did this happen from manage worlds/manage households or did this happen from using a dresser or mirror in game to "change sim" or "plan outfits" interactions?

Was the dog in your game also a puppy?

Message 6 of 61 (16,554 Views)

Hero
@Pantheracus Have you been able to solve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 61 (17,321 Views)

★ Guide
@Pantheracus I’m also having this issue on PS4 - I wanted to make changes to a random townie who spawned with a cat, but I couldn’t confirm the changes & leave the CAS menu because it wanted me to enter a breed for their cat. But nothing happened when I clicked on the text box, forcing me to exit CAS without saving.
Message 8 of 61 (17,306 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@FinalBossNyuma  Can you load that household back up and see if pressing the home button on the DS4 then pressing it again to being the game up causes the virtual keyboard to appear so you can edit the pet breed?

Message 9 of 61 (17,286 Views)

★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper I’ve just tried your suggestion - the text box remains inaccessible. 😞 Even after multiple attempts it remains greyed out & never prompts my keyboard.
Message 10 of 61 (17,249 Views)