Re: Can't enter dog breed name (PS4)

by FinalBossNyuma

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

@FinalBossNyuma Thanks so much for checking and getting back! Can you just select the pet and assign a breed from the breed menu?

Message 11 of 61 (4,623 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper Yes I can - I’m unfamiliar with the pets CAS, but as far as I’m aware choosing a breed spawns an entirely different cat with a breed name a single trait (unsure if that’s intended or not). If there’s a way to select a breed without changing the pre-existing pet then I’ve not yet figured out how. 😲
Message 12 of 61 (4,583 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am also having this problem. Never been successful at breeding pets I've owned in the past so it never came up but now it has happened and, as mentioned before, it is incredibly frustrating. I'm not even able to change the breed to something available in the game as I'm told I can't edit pre-existing Sims.

I'm playing on Xbox but it seems like this may be an issue across consoles Frown

Message 13 of 61 (4,540 Views)

Re: No new breed name

★★ Novice

I'm having this issue currently and it happens both when I use a mirror to "change sim" and when I edit the household through "manage households". No changes can be saved to any Sims in the household because it wants you to enter a breed name but the box never generates a keyboard to allow you to type.

Message 14 of 61 (3,935 Views)

★★ Novice

Just figured out a workaround. If you go through Manage Households and edit the breed, there's a breed mixer that allows you to input the parents breeds and play with genetics. I was able to recreate thetthe physical attributes of the two kittens I had in game without changing their traits. This allowed "mixed breed" to generate as the breed name and I was able to edit the Sims in the household without a problem. Hope this helps someone!! 

Message 15 of 61 (3,925 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi everyone so sorry for my late reply.

I unfortunately couldnt get passed this bug. I eventually loaded the game back up and sold the puppy. 

Later on in the same save file I did have another puppy but didnt come across this issue. The new puppy was just listed as mixed breed without me having to do anything at all.

There was no real way around it other than restarting and unfortunately getting rid of the pet.

I hope this gets fixed as I didnt want to have to get rid of any pet. I also enjoy breeding pets in my game and hope it doesnt happen again.

I also hope that I have helped others by posting about this bug. Seems to be a console problem

Message 16 of 61 (4,522 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Pantheracus Hello I am never ever on here I literally signed in to reply to you I know it’s too late but maybe in the future this could help you or someone else?

So I was looking for a stray dog in Pupperstone Park I almost never ever find stray dogs I usually find stray cats and dogs that have owners but are just by themselves. I finally stumble across Mimi and she’s absolutely adorable I adopt her immediately go in to give her a collar and ran into the same problem where I couldn’t enter the breed name. I can usually find fixes on here so I came here but saw your last response about having to sell your pet and I already liked Mimi so much I was like nuh uh, no way.

SO, I saved my game. I reloaded it and managed my household and tried to change her breed from there and it STILL wouldn’t let me. HOWEVER, I went to the dice on the far right of the screen and pressed the randomize button for her a few times (have no idea what prompted me to try this) and I went to check and she showed up as Mixed Breed!!! Now I understand I might’ve just gotten insanely lucky with this but I thought I’d share it anyway just in case I wasn’t Standard smile
Message 17 of 61 (3,860 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I followed the steps accept i just randomized the clothes on the pet instead and it worked!! Thank you so much! Was frustrated I kept running into this issue and they wont fix it but glad I know a workaround now Standard smile

Message 18 of 61 (3,800 Views)

★★ Novice

I randomized the clothing on the animal and it gave me a breed then went back to select the clothing or collar I wanted. 

Message 19 of 61 (3,752 Views)

Re: [PS4][WORKAROUND] Can't enter dog breed name

★★★ Newbie

I had this same thing happen from a pet i abopted as a stray, i jusy rolled the dice and it fixed it

Message 20 of 61 (3,704 Views)