by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

[PS4] Build Mode Camera Issues

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.14.61.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into build mode, try to see second story. Have walls showing on second story and move camera around in a room, zoom in to an object to change it's swatch.
What happens when the bug occurs? Go into build mode, second story won't appear. Instead you only see the roof. When working on the second story rooms, the camera bounces up the walls whenever you try to zoom in or adjust the camera with walls showing. When Selecting swatches for items the camera view abruptly shifts to the object without a care for where you placed the camera to see the object in it's space, so objects are blocked by walls or other items and you can't reposition the camera to see the item you are trying to change color on.
What do you expect to see? The camera not wildly bouncing around when simply rotating the viewpoint even a little when working on second story rooms. The camera not repositioning when trying to change color swatches.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Appeared after 1.14 patch.

More issues with build mode since 1.14. 

Message 1 of 9 (1,694 Views)

Re: [PS4] Build Mode Camera Issues

Community Manager (retired)

@PoptartJuniper Are you still having these issues after patch 1.15? If so, could you possibly share a video or save file? Thanks much for the help! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 9 (1,602 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SimGuruNick  The second story appears correctly now and the bounce is only bad near roof pieces. Before it was any wall on the second floor. So some improvement for the bouncing but it is still there and the shifting camera for swatches remains. Here's a video.

Message 3 of 9 (1,592 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello @PoptartJuniper 

Have you tried Walls Cutaway view?  Also, have you tried with a keyboard and mouse?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 9 (1,525 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SimQARobo If I put up the walls when building, I can't see things on the walls to fix colors and put up decorations. So no, I don't use cutaway when I am trying to decorate. As far as keyboard and mouse goes, I play on the console and expect my controller to work properly with a console game. 

Message 5 of 9 (1,514 Views)

EA Sims Team

@PoptartJuniper 

So there are 3 views: Walls Down, Walls Up, and Walls Cutaway.  Walls Up keeps the walls visible.  Walls Down keeps the walls hidden.  Walls Cutaway keeps the walls visible if they are away from the camera, and hidden if they are near the camera.

And regarding the keyboard and mouse question, yes it should work with controller also, I was just wondering if it was a controller-only problem as part of the investigation.

Message 6 of 9 (1,505 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SimQARobo I mistyped the previous. It should have said "If I use cutaway mode when building" instead of "If I put up the walls when building," I can't see things on the walls to fix colors and put up decorations.

The issue, even if live mode with walls up or cutaway makes the camera bounce up the walls when near roof pieces. So If I have cutaway enabled in live mode and try to put something on a cutaway inside wall near a roof piece, the camera bounces straight up the wall and I can't zoom in to the wall to place a picture. 

In build mode in small rooms or near roof pieces the same thing happens. My camera view will be way above the room instead of inside the room where I was trying to place or recolor an object. 

The camera bounce is worst near roofing pieces and when trying to recolor a swatch because the camera shifts abruptly when selecting recolor option. If I put the walls in cutaway when recoloring I still can't see how that object relates to its surroundings. 

Message 7 of 9 (1,492 Views)

EA Sims Team

@PoptartJuniper 

OK thank you.  We will look into it.

Message 8 of 9 (1,466 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Thanks. You can see just how high the camera will go above the room in the video I posted. 

Message 9 of 9 (1,441 Views)