by Giggledragon28

Original Post

[PS4] Bugs on makeing game unplayable

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All current expansions available for console
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not 100% sure. Just general play.
What happens when the bug occurs? Images are glitching in all the menus. constantly crashing and force closes during both live and build mode. when in build mode and try to put a house on a lot from the gallery crashes whole game. Can't save game half the time, it just freezes on the save image and you have to force quit the game.
What do you expect to see? Normal images, no glitches. To play the the game like it is designed to do without it crashing. To be able to save progress in the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started when I downloaded both the toddler stuff and the backyard packs and the game updated itself

The console and everything is up to date. At this point the game is unplayable.

Message 1 of 7 (1,140 Views)

Re: Bugs on sims 4 ps4 console version makeing game unplayable

EA Staff

Hello @Giggledragon28

I'm presuming you have the Sims 4 updated to the latest patch, right?

If that is the case, please reinstall all content and verify if you are encountering the same issues.

Please let us know the outcome!

Thank you for your report!

Happy Simming! 

Message 2 of 7 (1,123 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much for your quick response. This maybe a stupid question, but how do I do that? 🙄

Message 3 of 7 (1,074 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @Giggledragon28

No worries! 

So firstly, you will need to make sure your console is connected to internet.

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/get-help/help-library/playstation-network--online/internet-connect...

Once connected, go to Sims 4 tile in the PS4 menu, press Options button and press "Check for updates".

If your game is up to date, and you are still encountering the issue, delete the title (Options > Delete), and reinstall it again. Do not forget to check for updates once the title and the dlc are installed.

Let us know the outcome! Standard smile

Message 4 of 7 (1,063 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I have done what you have asked and I am still having the same glitches 😢

Message 5 of 7 (1,035 Views)

★ Novice

It's actually worse than what it was before. If got some footage of the glitches (except for the crashing) I'll try to upload them after I get home from work. 

Message 6 of 7 (1,010 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @Giggledragon28

Sorry to hear that.

We could really use that video if you are willing to send it to us.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you very much!

Message 7 of 7 (983 Views)