by SimGuruIcarus

Original Post

[PS4] All packs showing up as new every time I load the game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All that are currently available for console as of this posting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? All I did was purchase and install Parenthood and Kids Room Stuff packs. First play was normal, all plays after that this bug occurred.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every single time I turn the game on I will receive the initial pop ups on the main menu screen which indicate a new pack has been installed. I get one of these pop ups for every pack I have installed, so I will have to cycle through 13 of these as of the time of posting. Once in the game all of the objects from these packs show up blue and starred as "new" objects. At the end of my gaming session I'll save and exit the game as normal. Next time I open the game the initial pop ups are back and all objects are marked as new once again!
What do you expect to see? I only expect to see new pack menu screen pop ups the first time I play it, and only expect objects to show as new if they are new.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I purchased and installed Parenthood game pack and kids room stuff pack. No other changes were made.

The first time I loaded the game after installing Parenthood and Kids Room Stuff only those two packs showed as new, as expected. However, on every game start since then I've received a pop up for every single expansion, game, and stuff pack. 

As a test I've already backed up all save games and removed all sims content from my Playstation. I then downloaded and reinstalled all content without saves and tested loading the game three times in a row and the same issue is occurring.

Also my game has the newest patch applied (v1.06)

Message 1 of 5 (974 Views)

Re: [PS4] All packs showing up as new every time I load the game

EA Staff

Hi @MissHawkGirl

I have a few questions for you if you are willing to answer:

Do you have a EA Account linked to your PSN profile, or do you get the loggin pop up everytime you enter the game?

Does the pack screen also appear when you back to main menu?

Thank you!

Message 2 of 5 (898 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Icarus! Of course I'll answer any questions needed to help fix this. 

I do have my EA account linked to my profile. Whenever I open the game my screen name shows up in the top right hand corner.

The pop ups do not show up after loading into the game and returning to the main menu. I do get the popup confirming I own Grim's Ghoulish Guitar on the first time I return to main menu. After that any trips to the main menu are normal with no popups.

After shutting down the game normally for that gaming session, or running into a bug that forces me to shut down and restart the game then the pop ups will be back and I will receive the pop up for the guitar again when returning to menu the first time. All items from these packs are marked as new at every game start as well. 

Let me know if I may be of any further assistance, and thank you for your help!

Message 3 of 5 (883 Views)

EA Staff

Thank you for the information @MissHawkGirl

That help us a lot!

We will continue investigating this issue and get back to you if we are still not able to reproduce it. 

Happy Simming and thanks for your report!

Message 4 of 5 (862 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @MissHawkGirl

Are you still encountering this issue after last patch?

Thanks! 

Message 5 of 5 (807 Views)