Re: 2 issues saving and planning weddings on ps4

by EA_Mai

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@EA_Mai @crinrict

This is sort of unrelated to the bug in question but more about the consoles in general. Would it be beneficial to have players also report which model of console they're using as well as manufacturer? The Xbox One X and PS4 Pro have more system resources to give, and if an issue is a memory leak (for example) then it might be worth knowing if it only happens on base models of the consoles rather than the more powerful variants?

Message 11 of 41 (1,910 Views)

Hero

Think generally that would be more an issue for tech issues than bugs (tech issues have their own forums for console)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 41 (1,905 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the exact same thing happening to me on the Xbox one elite console, not even an error message. It just crashes and brings me to my home screen. I was having the saving problem before but it only stops working if I leave the property and return. Haven't attempted to leave again out of fear I'll lose progress.
Message 13 of 41 (1,894 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Thanks for the report, @Dustyswole, and for clarifying there's no error message for you on Xbox!  Not a solution, but a workaround for now - my suggestion for now would be making them marry without organizing a wedding. You can invite your friends and relatives to your house and make the couple marry while they are in the house.

@Hroun_88 I wouldn't expect the model of the console to make a difference for bugs, but something to consider for the future if I'm wrong! Thanks for the suggestion Standard smile

-Mai

Message 14 of 41 (3,531 Views)

★ Apprentice
I’ve just tried to plan a wedding for my sim (both bride and groom are vampires) and it wouldn’t let me elope or plan a wedding. When I was planning it it would let me choose everything, we’d all arrive at the venue as a group then we’d go our separate ways. But it kept saying ‘Failed to save game’ when the venue loaded (my game is saving again after the patch). I then tried eloping at my home and the action just kept disappearing like I was cancelling it. Eventually I did manage to get married by putting a wedding arch in my back garden. I’m on PS4
Message 15 of 41 (1,835 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the game in ps4 and it also crashes when on the part where I'm planNing the wedding event
Message 16 of 41 (1,819 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
@Thebadkitty1127 That happened to me as well. If you’re desperate for your Sim to get married right now then try putting a wedding arch in your garden and clicking on that. That’s the only way I was able to do it
Message 17 of 41 (1,815 Views)

Re: [PS/XB] Wedding planning crash

★★★ Newbie

Pretty much exactly. Plus it says my game autosaved AND manual saved (which I did not do), but the game still brought me back to when I first loaded it, before all the progress had been had. Very frustrating (infuriating) and disappointing.

Dunno if related, but installed Glamour, Vampire, and Apartments today. No issues since started playing Monday til this.

Message 18 of 41 (1,788 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The wedding issue is happening on PS4 as well. I have tried like 10 times and every single time I get my wedding set up and everything it goes to the loading screen and then I get the blue screen with an error code.
Message 19 of 41 (1,757 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am getting the same code
Message 20 of 41 (1,757 Views)