Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PS/XB] Undo Action Bug In Build Mode

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Deluxe Edition content.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In build mode, edit anything and press LT to [UNDO] the action.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you press LT it brings up the Xbox One's text entry dialog as well as undoing the previous action.
What do you expect to see? I would expect pressing LT to ONLY undo the previous action and not launch the text entry dialog.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug has happened every single time I have undone an action in build mode. It's almost as if LT in Build Mode is mapped to two different functions.

Message 1 of 11 (36,702 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [XB1] Undo Action Bug In Build Mode

EA app Team
Hi everyone,

We have just released a game update, which should fix this. Could you please update the game and let us know if you are still having this bug?

You can find the patch notes here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/The-Sims-4-Patch-notes-on-console-Feb-6th/m-p/66...

Thanks!
-Mai

View in thread

Message 7 of 11 (39,226 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (36,571 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is also happening on the PS4 version too! I went to undo an action and the text entry screen popped up.

Message 3 of 11 (36,546 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PS/XB] Undo Action Bug In Build Mode

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Too early to say for sure if it's fixed but since installing the latest Xbox One system update, this isn't happening. Considering it was happening 100% of the time before that, it's at least an improvement. However, I've only played for a short amount of time since the update.

EDIT: I spoke too soon, it's happening again.

Message 4 of 11 (36,496 Views)

★★ Novice
Yes, happens to me too on ps4.
Message 5 of 11 (36,488 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Happening to me as well. Not every time, but quite a few times. Also, when pressing the bumpers to rotate things to place, it won’t work, it will stick or try to move the whole room I’m in or just won’t do anything at all.
Message 6 of 11 (36,345 Views)

EA app Team
Hi everyone,

We have just released a game update, which should fix this. Could you please update the game and let us know if you are still having this bug?

You can find the patch notes here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/The-Sims-4-Patch-notes-on-console-Feb-6th/m-p/66...

Thanks!
-Mai
Message 7 of 11 (39,227 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Still happens 100% of the time on ps4
Message 8 of 11 (33,405 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same on xbox

Message 9 of 11 (33,375 Views)

★ Novice

Started again with mine.. everytime I try to undo it hits the search..

Message 10 of 11 (13,146 Views)