by crinrict

Original Post

[PS/XB] Skill class gives the wrong skill

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.37.13.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to “Sit in on Skill Class” from Sim’s phone and select “Photography”
What happens when the bug occurs? Parenting skill gained.
What do you expect to see? Photography skill gained.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Possibly the newest “Scared” emotion update?

The phone’s option to “Sit in on a Skill Class” doesn’t work. Parenting—instead of Photography—skill is gained. This bug has occurred before the most recent update but sometimes and eventually works, but not this time. After exiting and re-playing SEVERAL times, it eventually worked, however, I’ve still been unsuccessful in increasing the skill level by taking the class again, but that might be in the game’s design.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 3 of 7 (1,289 Views)

Wrong Book and skill class

★★★ Newbie

Whenever I choose for my sim to read a painting book, it’s never the correct book. Also when I choose for my sim to sit in a painting class, she goes to a mischief or parenting class. I’ve switched lots, rebuilt my house on a new lot, and I’d prefer to not restart the game. Any suggestions would be great 

Message 1 of 7 (1,121 Views)

Re: Wrong Book and skill class

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@CantBeNamed I've had this happen on my console, but I thought it was just input lag. I clicked on a class for my sim to go to and they went to bartender class instead which is right by the skill class I thought I clicked. Does this happen every time then? You may want to open a bug report in the bug forum if you can reproduce this reliably. Bug Forum

Message 2 of 7 (1,093 Views)

Re: Skill Class

Hero
@mimosa914 Test this and got the right skill

Do you only have issues with photography or other skill as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,263 Views)

★★ Novice

The list is Parenting, Photography, then Piano. When I tried Piano, I gained the Piano skill so I think it might just be Photography?

Message 5 of 7 (1,241 Views)

Hero
@mimosa914 And it happens every time you click on photography or was it a one time thing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (1,218 Views)

Hero
@mimosa914 Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (1,002 Views)