by EA_Mai

Original Post

[OPEN] [PS/XB] Cant access phone options

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? perfect patio stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? opening the phone but otherwise not sure, only a few other people have reported this ptoblem
What happens when the bug occurs? the phone is unusable when trying to scroll through phone options you get booted from the UI
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to open the phone and use all the options without being kicked off it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

when opening the phone UI you can only toggle through he sub menu's you cannot select an option every time you try to scroll  up down it kicks you off the phones UI and you cant apply for jobs, message friends or make calls, or make any use of the phone whatsoever

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 8 of 60 (30,612 Views)

Sims 4 phone wont work

★★ Novice
On the phone menu once i press down it kicks me off the phone completely so i cant even get a job or do anything but the top option on the catagories. In the controls menu the down button also appears twice for the phone.
Message 1 of 60 (30,570 Views)

Re: Sims 4 phone wont work

★ Novice
Same here as well. The phone is very buggy and does not allow you to scroll through the options to bring over guests or anything. I hope they fix THIS
Message 2 of 60 (30,531 Views)

Sims cell phone bug on ps4?

★★ Novice
When I open the cell phone menu, I cannot move the selector down, it just changes to the avatar picture or build mode, or needs/whims, depending on the direction I choose. Super frustrating. I can chat, but cannot go down to text or quit job or anything. Help?
Message 3 of 60 (30,552 Views)

Re: Sims cell phone bug on ps4?

★★★ Newbie
I also am having this issue. Found a tedious, but working work around. Save (or do whatever work around you may know to save it), go to the menu, close application, start game back up. Only worked for about 15 minutes for me, but it worked nonetheless.
Message 4 of 60 (30,536 Views)

Re: Sims cell phone bug on ps4?

★★ Novice
Argh that’s super frustrating. I’ll try it out, see if it works. I’m hoping for a patch to come out and fix this problem because while it isn’t gamebreaking necessarily, I can’t do somethings just because the control doesn’t work. That sounds like a huge hassle to only work for 15min!

Thanks for responding! Glad I’m not the only one. My wife was so excited to play this game on a console, and the day we get it, this frustrating thing happens and is kind of gamebreaking? Irritating at the very least...
Message 5 of 60 (30,517 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @EricaM18 @PixieDustKimmeh,

You should be able to change sub menus by pressing R1/L1 (PlayStation) or the bumpers (Xbox). That should make things clear, but let me know if I didn't understand what you are trying to do! Standard smile

-Mai

Message 6 of 60 (30,491 Views)
Highlighted

EA app Team

Hi @GnomicGnosis @SITHsky,

I've merged your thread to this one, as you seem to be having the same problem.

As you mention it works for a while after that workaround, I'm guessing I didn't understand @PixieDustKimmeh's description of the problem and this is not a confusion with the new controls. Would any of you be willing to open a new thread in the Bug Reports forum for this issue? We have a special template for bug reports in that forum, I'll merge this thread to the bug report once opened.

Of course, I'll take note of this issue no matter where it's reported, but that would help keep things organized.

Thanks for your reports!

-Mai

Message 7 of 60 (30,487 Views)

Phone issues

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After playing for a while, open the phone
What happens when the bug occurs? You can only select the top options in the phone menu
What do you expect to see? I should be able to use all phone options
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

After playing for a while, the phone will only let you pick top option, cannot scroll down to select other options.  I went to an acquaintances house to use their computer to get a job.

Message 9 of 60 (30,450 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Omg Im having the same problem it is so annoying! And definitely game breaking for me at this point I'm about to shut it off. I made a single woman and was going to start trying to go on dates and stuff but the phone will only let me browse left and right but not up or down as soon as I go down it kicks me off the phone entirely so the only thing I can do is chat, like just talk on the phone with people. I can't text them, plan an outing nothing. Omg its so frustrating. They need to fix this bug asap.
Message 10 of 60 (30,333 Views)