by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

[PS] Shadow and light flickering

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.38
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine out, seasons, parenthood, toddler stuff, jungle adventure, spooky stuff, get to work, cool kitchen stuff, perfect patio, star wars jorney to batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The light problem always happens when I click the mouse anywhere to choose the action of the sim in the day time. The shadow problem always happens when I'm in a restaurant when I turn the camera.
What happens when the bug occurs? The light flickering. The shadows flickering.
What do you expect to see? not happen, because it spoils the immersion of the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've seen it many times with the light and shadows flickering.

Edit by PoptartJuniper: Removed duplicate template, added Tag.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title a bit

Message 1 of 9 (1,596 Views)

Sims 4 shadow and light flickering

★★★★ Novice

I've seen it many times with the light and shadows flickering. The light problem always happens when I click the mouse anywhere to choose the action of the sim in the day time. The shadow problem always happens when I'm in a restaurant when I turn the camera.

Message 2 of 9 (1,558 Views)

Re: Sims 4 shadow and light flickering

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@JoJoPT69 I've moved your post to the console tech support forum as you said reinstalling your game fixed the issue. I've merged your console board post into your bug post. Please only post an issue on one forum.

Please add a video to your post if the issue continues to help see what you are seeing.

Message 3 of 9 (1,529 Views)

★★★★ Novice

after all it didn’t fix it came back only happens when I’m inside buildings and during the day.

Message 4 of 9 (1,525 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@JoJoPT69 You don't own Eco Living, which has a flickering issue that can manifest into other worlds.

It's just the shadows? If you can attach a video to your original post, that would be very helpful.
Message 5 of 9 (1,519 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

how can i post the video here i already tried and says that the file type is not compatible.

here is the video on my google drive link so you can see what i am referring to.

The second link it show the shadows bug.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FHr4iLaGMmmeSNg2Lv739jUENb2PcvEx/view?usp=drivesdk 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-D6AKiG4pv1rht774m9YfDy-XqZhpz9K/view?usp=drivesdk 

Message 6 of 9 (1,506 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@JoJoPT69 The link is perfect thank you!

Ah that's right, PS5 has a different extension for video. I always just rename the extension to .MP4 and the video loads without issue.

Message 7 of 9 (1,488 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I decided to try the game on my ps4 to see if the problem happens and yes the problem happens on ps4 also.  

Message 8 of 9 (1,374 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@JoJoPT69 I've seen this also on both PS4 and PS5.
Message 9 of 9 (1,356 Views)