[PROBABLY NOT BUG] Style Influencer - Daily Task: Gather Impression Doesn't Work

by lovesstorms

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PROBABLY NOT BUG] Style Influencer - Daily Task: Gather Impression Doesn't Work

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Style Influencer and reach Posh Profiler. I have tried several days to complete this task while leveling skills up.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't get past 50% of the Gather Impression. I've tried using the phone and the Digitalistic Sketchpad. I can use either to get to 50% but neither will get me to 100%.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see Daily Task be completed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure if you want to add this to another thread or not, but since it has nothing to do with the work from home feature, I didn't include it in the other thread. She's doing this during her non-work times. Also, she's been able to skill up on photography, painting, writing, and charisma without trouble.

I'm not sure this specific daily task has ever worked as I've never been this high in this career. 

I've played with CC, but not since the 11/30 patch came out. I wanted to wait for all the mods I used to be updated.

This is an old save file and not new. If you need me to, I can try to start a new sim and try to get them to reach as high as my current sim. Just let me know.

I deleted my caches, but it didn't fix it.

I repaired the game, but it didn't fix it.

I've updated to the newest patch (11/20), but it hasn't changed anything.

She's been due for a promotion two days in a row now, but due to this daily task not completing (I assume), she's not been promoted.

Let me know if you need anything else from me.

Message 1 of 5 (17,179 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Style Influencer - Daily Task: Gather Impression Doesn't Work

★★ Guide

In order to get credit for the next Impression, you need to lose the previous Impression moodlet, either by waiting it out, or by using it to Add Impression to a style board. (you should have this unlocked at level 1 of the trend setter career)

If you try to get another impression while you have the impression moodlet already active, it will simply refresh the duration of the moodlet, but won't count for the Daily Task.

Not sure if this is intended, or if it's a bug, but if it's a bug this is at least a workaround.

So keep a non-full Style board handy to "use up" the Impression moodlet so you can get a second one for the daily task.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (17,118 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

In order to get credit for the next Impression, you need to lose the previous Impression moodlet, either by waiting it out, or by using it to Add Impression to a style board. (you should have this unlocked at level 1 of the trend setter career)

If you try to get another impression while you have the impression moodlet already active, it will simply refresh the duration of the moodlet, but won't count for the Daily Task.

Not sure if this is intended, or if it's a bug, but if it's a bug this is at least a workaround.

So keep a non-full Style board handy to "use up" the Impression moodlet so you can get a second one for the daily task.

Message 2 of 5 (17,119 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Well, I feel like a complete dope. I never even saw this board in her household inventory. I must have missed it somewhere along the way. I really appreciate your help! This is definitely what needed to be done. 

Message 3 of 5 (17,111 Views)

Hero
Leaning towards not bug here.

I haven't played the career at all though so it's a bit hard to judge.

Anyone who has any input/opinion on this, let me know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (17,010 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I want to suggest there is an angle to this problem that is a bug. Thing is, many daily tasks provide a tooltip that helps to direct the player toward what they should be doing. In this case, however, nothing will appear when you hover over gather impressions. This is completely unexplained in-game and is an inconsistency with other careers, so to understand this weird impressions system it should be explained. It's a bug by omission of critical information and has continued to be an issue for dozens of people since release. We usually just tell them what to do but it's a frustrating thing as there are multiple ways of getting an impression or tasks similarly named.

Message 5 of 5 (10,484 Views)