[FIXED] [S] Holiday box not appearing

by cwalv

Original Post

Re: Not able to experience holidays

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi, 

I comment here just because I have spent hundreds of hours playing this game and I like it.

I guess most of the players use custom contents, but what I can tell is I was not using weird functions, and the built-in CAS gave me an unexpected location change when I was playing in my restaurant. My restaurant is located at Hounds' Head in Brindleton Bay, and my home lot is at previous Bathe de Rill's spot in Windenburg.

I cannot remember the exact time point, since I spent several game days in the restaurant lot with needs decay disabled. I have three consecutive holidays from summer Friday to autumn Sunday, two of which are custom ones, and one (on Sunday) is generated by the game. I entered the restaurant lot in the middle of Friday. In addition, Saturday was my baby's birthday, but I knew she would grow into toddler automatically on Monday or Tuesday, so I did not come back to my home lot and my baby had a birthday status on those days. But I indeed edited my custom holiday on Saturday: I considered the Firework tradition a bit complicated at that time, so I removed it.

According to the exception trace message, I suggest maybe we should reconsider the underlying logic of holidays, zones / lots and sim growth. Thanks!

Best,

Message 31 of 68 (2,099 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @amachi317

Are you seeing this issue with no mods installed?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 32 of 68 (2,131 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi @SimQARobo

Thank you for your message.

1) I do not play your game without mods. I believe many of your players / users do not either;

2) QA is not my job, but as a player, I would like to share my experience to help better improve your production;

3) To circumvent this situation, I had to pick up a save that was made several days ago, which means my time for your game was wasted. To tell the truth, I am not so happy now.

Pls do not ask me if I can see this error without any mod. Either QA or environment compatibility is not my job. I am not paid.

And at least, you guys should make sure your built-in functions, like CAS, do not give unexpected results. Pls do not always blame mods. Your game needs mods.

I have spent hundreds of hours on my current game progress. Now you are telling me to re-start my game and get similar progress without any mod for troubleshooting your potential issue? It doesn't make sense at all.

Best,

[Edited by EA_Mai to join different posts in the same one]

Message 33 of 68 (2,112 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Holidays not Occurring

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

This is the exact Last Exception I get each and every time I travel or switch households.  It prevents the holiday event panel with the traditions from appearing during a holiday in the upper left corner of the screen. I have no mods.

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>2963a577056e684a5b4766e5</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-07-12 10:36:41</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.44.88.1020-1.200.000.354.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>holiday_drama_node.py:436</categoryid><desyncid>2963a577056e684a5b4766e5</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>[manus] drama_schedule_service failed to handle on_all_households_and_sim_infos_loaded due to exception (TypeError: unorderable types: DateAndTime() &lt; NoneType())&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 113, in wrapped&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 109, in finally_wrap&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 157, in wrapper&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 175, in wrapper&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 356, in c_api_client_connect&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 548, in do_zone_spin_up&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 1249, in update&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 251, in on_enter&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\service_manager.py", line 440, in on_all_households_and_sim_infos_loaded&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\drama_scheduler\drama_scheduler.py", line 395, in on_all_households_and_sim_infos_loaded&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\holidays\holiday_drama_node.py", line 436, in resume&#13;&#10;TypeError: unorderable types: DateAndTime() &lt; NoneType()&#13;&#10;</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Message 34 of 68 (2,023 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @amachi317,

I've merged your post into a single one as to avoid double posting. Tip for the future: you can edit your own posts using the ... menu on the top right corner. Wink

We know using mods is important for you, that's why Maxis supports a framework in The Sims 4 that allows our creative community to create and use mods. However, you should always know that mods should be used with caution, as Maxis doesn't pre-screen or specifically support any specific mods and therefore there's always a risk when you install content created by other players.

If you play the game with mods, considering the amount of mods available and the huge amount of combinations you can make with them, knowing if you have the same issue without them is important for us. Keep in mind, if an issue is caused by mods, it's the creator of the mod who needs to fix it.

Trying the game without them is up to you, but please, understand it's important for us to know if any of you are experiencing this without mods in your game and asking so is a fair question. Also, remember everyone in this thread is just trying to help, let's try to keep things polite.

Cheers,

-Mai

Message 35 of 68 (2,049 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Mai

Yes, let's keep things polite. I have ever said, the only reason why I post here is just because I want to share some information of an exception. What I can do also includes removing your game from my hardware and never paying for the later releases.

Please kindly review the posts above. None of your staff, including you, has ever said thanks to my comments on this potential issue that was not even originally reported by me, but in contrast I have said several times while providing with more information. I did not feel any politeness in this thread, but got an impression that what you guys really care is whether this is caused by a fault made by EA.

Well, I guess we all know by any chance, I cannot influence the priority of EA teams' work. However, giving feedback in your game's community is part of my rights. I did not say any personal word here, but I believe EA guys do agree that mods are very important to your game's ecosystem, so one of your main tasks is to make sure mods are not able to crash your productions' logic easily. If mods break EA's game, it is EA who takes the loss.

Thank you for your attention. But please be sure to hold a professional attitude to your customers / users. To tell the truth, reactions of your team at this time are worse than those from some mod's team.

Best, 

Message 36 of 68 (2,031 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I merged a few threads that I think are all the same basic issue. Some get no box but a pre-notification, some no notification at all.

I think there's some kind of game corruption going on that could be caused by mods. 

These issues might not have all the same cause but every report has been with mods installed initially. Once the save is broken, removing mods doesn't seem to help.

I do not know what the cause for this is but a report on a vanilla game (no mods ever), would be great.

I've tried a few saves on this and yes, I can replicate on the saves but I tried a few of the scenarios on my own game and nothing happened. No LE and no broken box.

There's also this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-WORKAROUND-S-Work-Day-turns-into-Holiday-on-it-s-o... that does seem to be a real issue and maybe that can also break the box.

So for now, it looks like we're cause hunting on this cause I believe the actual issue here (including the LE) is just a symptom.

If someone has a save where the box is still working and break during game play reproducibly on a save that never saw any mods, please share that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 68 (1,978 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @LetChazWin

Would you be willing to share your save files, so my team can take a look at them?

If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 38 of 68 (1,927 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

This has been happening to me and it's aggravating (almost to the point of making it unplayable for me).  I do have a question.  Once I remove my mods, reset the Sims folder, put my save files back in only, without stored data anywhere else, shouldn't the game treat the save file as having never been touched by a Mod?  (It does when I want to upload a family to the Gallery).

I have done exactly that to check if I had a mod conflict.  I saved, exited, moved my entire The Sims 4 folder to my desktop, launched the game, started a new game, saved and exited, and placed only my save folder back.  Launching the game, and entering the household I'm playing, the Holiday doesn't trigger, and an LE shows up in the Sims folder.  If I do a second save, with no mods installed from that save, it starts happening again on that save.  Very frustrating.  During my testing, here is one thing I have found that is very interesting.

This issue begins exactly 24 hours before the Holiday begins (6AM the day before), If you travel anywhere, exit your game, change families, it will trigger the error.  Unfortunately, it sometimes fails when you don't travel.  Also, the game adds holidays on it's own (talk like a pirate day, lottery day, etc.).  If one of these is added immediately before or after another holiday, it will also trigger the holiday box from showing up.

I would gladly completely wipe my The Sims 4 Folder, and start completely fresh (keeping only one Lot that I have built up since the beginning of the game). Create all new Sims, etc.  I would do this IF the Achievements I have earned were saved to my Origin Profile and loaded. when I started a new game.  I can sometimes start a new game, and not lose them, but it doesn't happen often, so it's not really a "clean new game".

@crinrict  PM me if you want me to completely pull my current The Sims 4 Folder, start a new game with absolutely no mods, and do several tests on Holidays.  I can add a Holiday to happen on Tuesday so it happens quickly.  I will gladly spend a day testing if it helps find and resolve the issue (and hopefully not be like the Player Trait issue that has been going on for over 2 years. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Player-Trait-Broken/m-p/6911759#M67537)

With Vampires not being able to Garden, Holidays not working, not being able to hire a Gardener, NPC Sims out jogging and freezing to death (so far, the most I've had is 3 at once), and several other issues, it is getting very frustrating.  Especially since having Seasons was something I was really looking forward to.

Message 39 of 68 (1,783 Views)

Hero
If the save got corrupted, then the bug will stay on the save. We've seen this before.

if the corruption is mod related, it shouldn't happen on a new save that never saw a mod.

I think the best thing you can do is the following

- Rename your folder and keep it in safe place (I do that with testing, I have three different saves folder I swap out)
- Repair your game
- Start a new save on a fresh folder and see if it happens as well. Document ALL the steps you took so it can be easily reproduced.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 68 (1,773 Views)