[PLEASE READ] Information/Questions about the bug forum - Taking a break

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: I'm not getting the forum template to submit bug report

Hero

Hi everyone,

I'm expecting some high traffic this week and I have a few things that I like you to consider before posting.

• Please ALWAYS test without mods/cc. With all the new base game additions, a lot of mods/cc are bound to break. I will reserve the right to move any post to Game Issues that isn't tested on vanilla. I might move back later but to be able to handle the initial load, I might need to do this. Mods/CC are not supported by EA and issues with them will need to be looked into by the creators.
  • The bug forum is still very wonky and you're not always prompted for the template. If you don't get prompted, please include the form for the questions to your post. This info is important. See below for questions that need answering.
  • Please make your report detailed but not too longish and to the point. Include all important info you can remember. If unsure if something might be just a misunderstanding, use General Discussion or Game & Mod issues instead.
  • For any technical issues like crashing and such, please use the tech forum of your platform.
  • Be aware that depending on how high the traffic is, answers will be slow or non-existent. Not every thread will receive an answer. If the issue is straight forward enough, there will most likely not be any comment from me or EA. This forum is closely monitored and it's very very very rare that an issue gets overlooked. It might not get prioritized but it's noted.
  • The compiled list will probably not get updated until end of next week. Please check the first two pages before making a new report to see if an issue was reported already. 
  • I also appreciate if that if you need to rant, that you do it somewhere else. Yes, there will be new bugs and yes there will be new things you don't like but the bug forum is for reporting issues for EA and doing that in a calm and well explained manner will help for everyone involved in this. 
  • Please add any Pack tags yourself. Base game issues don't need to be tagged and the new pack will have the tag [HSY]. All the other tags can be found here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445297#M181736
  • Please do not add any other tags to your title. These will be done by me and are my way of keeping track of issues.
  • For further info on the bug forum, please read this:  Bugs and The Sims 101 - Everything you need to know! and this: [INFORMATION] How does this forum work ?

Thank you all for your cooperation and happy Highschool Years release week :D

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 71 of 138 (3,676 Views)

Re: Sim keeps getting “Change phone color” action

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict The bug template works, but for people on Edge browsers, you have to turn off the "enhanced security" option for all across Answers HQ (this site).
Message 72 of 138 (3,305 Views)

Hero
@SmoggyLambGG It works on and off only unfortunately on all browsers but that is good to know :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 73 of 138 (3,271 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I have discovered something. If, like me, you switch from one forum to another, in my case from the English one to the Italian one, I have noticed that it is important to have a check mark next to the chosen language, in this case you are sure that you are in the correct one you want to view, and all its functions are active (e.g. the bug template). To achieve this, it is not enough to click once on the chosen language, but you have to click twice on it. I attach photo.

Screenshot 2022-07-30 at 14-45-11 The Sims 4 Forum General Discussion EA Answers HQ.png

Screenshot 2022-07-30 at 14-45-47 The Sims 4 Forum General Discussion EA Answers HQ.png

Message 74 of 138 (3,193 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Thinks are currently pretty crazy as you might have noticed

Because of this I don't have time to answer everyone.

If your post disappeared there's several causes why this happened

1. Your post was moved to another forum
  2. Your post was merged with an existing thread
  3. Your post was eaten by the spam filter
  4. Your post was inappropriate and remove by a CM

For 1 and 2 please click on the little arrow next to your name and then click on profile. You will see all your post listed there. 

If you can't find your post there and you haven't been contacted by a CM that 4 was the reason (check your DMs), please contact a CM to see if it was eaten by the spam filter.

If your post was merged, please read the info given in that thread before making a new post asking what to do. The answer is often given in the thread. If it's a thread that says [OPEN] in the bug forum, then it's an issue experienced by many and unless there's a workaround mentioned in the thread, there is nothing you can do other than wait until EA fixes the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 75 of 138 (3,094 Views)

Hero

Litte update from my side now that things have slowed a bit.

I'm trying my best to keep stuff updated but I also need to back to some RL stuff that I couldn't do the past week so if you don't get an answer, above is still true.

The bug forum bug where you are prompted to fill out the template when you edit any post except the first one should be solved now so please go back to editing your posts if you have something to add and no one has posted after you (unless > 24 hours since your post).

Also, I've had a few people sending me PMs for questions. Please respect that I do not have the capacity to answer PMs as well. I keep them open so folks that I ask for saves can contact me privately without having to make their save open to everyone. So, if I asked you to send me a PM or asked for saves in a specific thread, you're welcome to PM me, otherwise, please read the resources available (sticky threads) or contact a Community Manager that actually works for EA with your problem. Thank you for your cooperation.

Last but not least: I THINK i'm caught up with threads where I asked for saves/Sims/lots where I've gotten info. There are still a few issues I want to test on my own save that I haven't gotten round to it. If there is anyone out there where I said I test something (with the exception of the groundhog day issue, I'm no longer looking into that, that's all on EA's plate) and I forgot, please do send me a PM or bump the thread. I apologize if I missed things but it's been a crazy week.

Thanks all for your continued reports. It's now down to EA to fix the issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 76 of 138 (3,055 Views)

Hero

Upcoming Vacation

I will be taking a break from Augst 23rd- August 28th. It's Gamescom time. I will be back on Monday, August 29th

I might check in from time to time but more to do some admin merging stuff than answer.

Thread in this forum will be monitored by EA/Maxis as always but answers will be scarce.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 77 of 138 (2,946 Views)

Hero

Looks like there's currently a new issue with the bug forum.

The platform drop-down shows an empty list.

If you have this issue, please try another Browsers or try clearing cache/cookies

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 78 of 138 (2,560 Views)

Hero

If you have any issues with packs not showing or other issues with EA app, please use the EA app forum

These are NOT Sims bugs and need to be looked into by the EA app/Origin teams so the best place to report is here

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports-Technical-Issues/bd-p/ea-app-bug-reports-en

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/bd-p/origin-technical-issues-en

Your thread will be moved to the according forum.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 79 of 138 (2,353 Views)

Update the "top ten" bug reports please

★★★★★ Pro

Could the top ten bug reports be updated. As the [yellow] has been fixed and the [pink] has been archived. Only when someone has time and can do it, Thanks!

Message 80 of 138 (1,916 Views)