Re: [PLEASE READ] Information/Questions about the bug forum

by crinrict

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Thank you!! I was just reading through how the forum works and was just about to reply that I’d managed to find my information!

Im going to try and repair my game tomorrow when I wake up just to see if that does anything, thank you!

Message 11 of 138 (4,657 Views)

Hero
@Nicoliia I doubt it as I can also see it in my game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 138 (4,646 Views)

★★ Apprentice

very good point haha, hopefully whatever it is gets fixed if there’s an update coming any time soon.

Message 13 of 138 (4,636 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Information for current situation and handling of threads

Thanks all for your reports. Lots going on again, so please have patience. I don't work for EA and do this in my spare time.

Below a short summary of what's going on atm from my side and why some threads aren't getting tagged or answered

1. As per first post of this thread, I'm not handling everything anymore. Depends on severity and me toos what gets added to the list
  2. Build/Buy mode issues (especially platforms): I truly suck at those and have no idea how it works. Need help from all of you with testing and opinions. Do have a few folks helping me out here but some of them are busy elsewhere themselves. Be patient with those
  3. Gameplay bugs: I do try to test them or have others help me test but it can take time until I get to them.
  4. Some issues already have threads but aren't exactly the same. Not sure what to do with them yet. 
  5. Threads I've asked question in: Helps a lot if you come back to answer them. I don't ask you to remove mods to prove it's a mod issue but to prove that it's not. EA QA has enough to do with legit bugs, don't want them to waste time with mod ones.
  6. Console: Again, can't help with those. Issues are being forwarded to console helpers to see if they can help. Might take time as the console forum is busy in itself.

How can you help ?

1. Check if issues have already been reported (compiled list/ first two pages of this forum) and use existing threads if applicable
  2. Test your issue without mods and also on new and existing saves to see where it occurs. 
  3. Give as much info as possible. Pictures/Videos are great.
  4. Don't bump threads unnecessarily. Things are slow atm.
  5. If you need troubleshooting help or are unsure if something is a bug, use the applicable Tech forums or general Discussion instead: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  6. If you have time, test issues others are reporting and add your experience to the thread. If there's a lot of people having an issue, I don't need test.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 138 (4,547 Views)

Hero

Please do NOT tag your own thread. If you tag it, chances are high that I will overlooked them

Tagged threads is my way of keeping track of what I've looked at and what not. If you tag your own, I will skip it as I think I've done it.

Also, the forum is currently acting up (probably due to high traffic) and is NOT asking to fill out bug forum template every time.

If you don't see it, close the thread and try making yet a new thread or edit your existing post and check if you are then prompted to fill out.

Thank you. Makes my life easier.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 138 (4,494 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Please be aware that the way I handle this forum doesn't have much to do with what QA does. Just because I haven't tagged or answered your threads, doesn't mean QA doesn't know about it. 

I have no updated the compiled list and gone through, trying to do all the threads.

There's currently several categories/backlogs still

• Your issue appears on the compiled list --> There's nothing further needed unless there's new info about this bug unless the tag says NEEDS SAVES. Please do provide your saves to EA QA for those. Click me too if you have this issue
  • Your issue has been tag but is not on the list --> There is nothing further needed unless you have new info. Make sure to me too these. Enough me toos will put them on the list. Make sure to post in any issues that haven't had answers in the past two month
  • Your issue has not been tagged but me or others have answered with questions/info request: Please answer those
  • Your issues has no answer and has not been tagged: Some of these are still on the testing backlog (especially buy/build) or seem minor and have not been handled by me as per first post of this thread. Please comment and me too if you have this issue.
  • You posted one of the following issues: Sims standing around doing nothing, Broken family tree, Sims frozen but time goes on: I will no longer handle those. I haven't found an efficient way to do so and merging and doing master threads has proven useless.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 138 (4,417 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This didn't exactly help cause right after I updated my game It started to bug out cause when I load into a save file and click on any of the bottom right buttons it looks all glitched, out I have no clue what happened.

Message 17 of 138 (4,294 Views)

Hero
@bellab1207833 Is this a question about the bug forum or about your game ? This thread is for questions about how the bug forum works.

If you have an issue with the game, please create your own bug report or post in the tech forum for help.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 138 (4,284 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
If you are not prompted for the bug template, make sure to edit the post to see if it appears then.

I'm unable to tag any threads or handle them if they have the template missing as the forum won't let me.

Please work with me so I don't have to tag every fourth person to fill it out.

I know it's a forum error but it would be helpful if you could just do the edit after sending it. Sometimes it shows, sometimes it doesn't (especially if you're on mobile), so you might need to try multiple times.

I will also be taking a break till next week. starting now and only merge stuff but not answers/process any new bugs reported.

Please read the compiled list or post in tech if you require assistance.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 138 (4,181 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi everyone

just wanted to let you guys know that I'm a tad bit busy with RL the coming days. I will try to get to my test back log when I can. If you haven't gotten an answer on new threads, it's most probably cause i want to check it out first (or it's an issue I'm no longer looking into at all).

Please expect things to be slower over Christmas and some changes coming the new year.

Few things that I already know that will change

- I will stop doing build mode issues. They stress me out, I have no clue on building and some are very similar and others the same and I just can't keep up. Please continue to post them and I hope some of the builders will answer but otherwise it's on EA to handle those. If you are unsure if it's a bug and need help with your build, please use the General Discussion and Feedback forum instead

- I will drop the Needs Input tag. As most people don't read my explanation and I'm getting constant rants on it, threads will only be tagged after they reach a certain amount of me toos. I will leave them untagged before that. I'll try to answer your post so you know if further info is needed or not (exceptions apply). Existing threads that already have a needs input tag will keep that until they reach that certain amount of me toos (I'm not posting number itself cause that can change).

- As before I'm not reading established bug anymore. If you have some info you feel I should see, please tag me in your answer.

I will update the first post of this thread beginning new year with all the changes I'm doing.

As always, these changes ONLY affect how I as a volunteer handle this forum. EA has their own method and way to handle it. All I try to do is keep it clean from multiple threads on the same issue and trying to troubleshoot where necessary or get info from you if I think that would benefit the thread as a whole. I personally haven't played every aspect of this game and have not played a lot lately (personal reasons) so sometimes I have to try stuff myself to fully understand it which is why I often ask for saves.

For those of you who haven't see, there's also been a change when it comes to mod links. While EA still doesn't allow us to link mods, there's now a list of Hero approved mods (with links) in this thread:  [INFORMATION] Common Game Fixing Mods - Hero Approved

Please carefully read the first post. It's a work in progress and I'm still adding mod fixes to the table. If you know of any that haven't been posted, please find the bug report on it, and post in there that there's a mod fix on it. Don't post the actual link but let me know how I can find the mod by googling. Make sure to also tag me in your answer. Please no adult mod mentions. Those will not be added.

I wish everyone a very merry Christmas and please stay safe (and sane)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 138 (3,941 Views)