Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: [PLEASE READ] Information/Questions about the bug forum

by crinrict

Original Post

Highlighted

[PLEASE READ] Information/Questions about the bug forum

[ Edited ]
Hero

Please do NOT post your Game issues in this thread. Make your own thread or check the compiled list.

This is for questions if you're unsure how the bug forum works or needs some other administrative clarification.

Disclaimer: The following changes have no influence on how EA/Maxis handles and monitors bugs. They only have an influence on the compiled list and how I as a volunteer handle threads going forward. Please continue to report your issues even if they don’t get the same visible handling.

Hi Guys

After doing the bug forum for 6 years, trying to handle every single thread, I’m at a point, where this is no longer any fun for me. I need to go back to my roots and make it less work and more fun. This mostly means looking into issues that spike my interest.

There are a few points that influence my decision

• Lots of bugs being reported
  • Lots of new helpers/users arising that can also assist
  • The list getting too long and no longer being a good overview. I’ve reached the 60’000 Characters limit on of the posts and there’s no other way than to reduce the amount of bugs on there.
  • Lots of ranting that I don’t want to read and have nothing to say about.
  • People constantly questioning why something is handled in a certain way.

Because of all of the above, I’ve decided to only handle bugs once they have a certain weight. Weight consists of three factors

• How game breaking is the issue?
  • How many people post in the thread
  • How many people me too the thread.

What does this mean in detail?

I will continue to read all threads in the forum and decided what to do with them.

• Threads for existing issues will be merged
  • Threads that belong in other forums will be moved
  • Threads that need troubleshooting will get an answer from me or other helpers
  • Threads that fulfill the weight will be tagged and added to the list.
  • Threads that report multiple issues will be ignored by me. Please create one thread per issue
  • Threads that are tagged and hence handled will not get an answer from me for new posts (exceptions apply)

For the moment, I’m still experimenting what the best way to go is.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Please also read this thread for further info how the bug forum works:  [INFORMATION] How does this forum work ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 7 (38,033 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims wont clean dishes or spoiled food

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict i dont really understand how the forum works.. i have a lot off bugs including this one and others i posted or pressed that i have them too if already been posted .. but do Ea know about this? my bigset problem i have is that comupters casues the game frezzes since eco life..
Message 2 of 7 (3,912 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims wont clean dishes or spoiled food

[ Edited ]
Hero

@OceanYam Did you read this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/td-p/7368632/ ?

Moving this over to the thread on questions about the bug forum itself.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (3,888 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
@crinrict The submit button doesn't work....
Message 4 of 7 (3,490 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@cara2323 You need to fill out something in the comment field or it won't appear. If it still doesn't add some spaces.

Also make sure you set the language to english

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (3,455 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I cant report a bug because your bug report doesn't let me submit it!!!!!

Message 6 of 7 (2,991 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Nicova13 You need to fill out something in the comment field or it won't appear. If it still doesn't add some spaces.

Also make sure you set the language to english

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (2,956 Views)