Re: [PLEASE READ] Information/Questions about the bug forum

by cara2323

Original Post

[PLEASE READ] Information/Questions about the bug forum - Taking a break

[ Edited ]
Hero

With things slowing down and the craziness the patch brought, I need a break. I will be taking it slow early next week and then take a full break till after Easter. Exact time will depend on RL and traffic here. During this time I will not be answering/merging/moving or anything. CM will take care of the most important things.

I will also updated the compiled list before my break.

Please do NOT post your Game issues in this thread. Make your own thread or check the compiled list.

This is for questions if you're unsure how the bug forum works or needs some other administrative clarification.

Disclaimer: The following changes have no influence on how EA/Maxis handles and monitors bugs. They only have an influence on the compiled list and how I as a volunteer handle threads going forward. Please continue to report your issues even if they don’t get the same visible handling. For more info from EA, please read this thread Bugs and the Sims 101 - Everything you need to know (by EA_Arcadia)

Hi Guys

After doing the bug forum for so many years, trying to handle every single thread, I’m at a point, where this is no longer any fun for me. I need to go back to my roots and make it less work and more fun. This mostly means looking into issues that spike my interest.

There are a few points that influence my decision

• We've come a long way since the beginning of this forum and EA/Maxis involvement has grown a lot over the years.
  • Lots of bugs being reported
  • Lots of new helpers/users arising that can also assist
  • The list getting too long and no longer being a good overview. I’ve reached the 60’000 Characters limit on of the posts and there’s no other way than to reduce the amount of bugs on there.
  • Lots of ranting that I don’t want to read and have nothing to say about.
  • People constantly questioning why something is handled in a certain way.

Because of all of the above, I’ve decided to only handle bugs once they have a certain weight. Weight consists of three factors. (Handling meaning adding a tag and adding to the compiled list)

• How game breaking is the issue?
  • How many people post in the thread
  • How many people me too the thread.

What does this mean in detail?

I will continue to read all threads in the forum and decided what to do with them.

• Threads for existing issues will be merged
  • Threads that belong in other forums will be moved
  • Threads that need troubleshooting will get an answer from me or other helpers
  • Threads that fulfill the weight will be tagged and added to the list.
  • Threads that report multiple issues will be ignored by me. Please create one thread per issue
  • Threads that are tagged and hence handled will not get an answer from me for new posts (exceptions apply)
  • Please use tagging me sparsely. I do this in my free time so it's best only to do it when I requested information from you or you feel you have been misunderstood.
  • If you think something needs to be merged, renamed or split, please contact a CM. 
  • If you have new information about a bug that needs EA/Maxis attention, either tag a CM or SimsDirect.
  • Please do not PM with with problems unless I asked you to or you feel i misunderstood YOU  (not someone else) and you need to clarify that. 
  • Bugs that get fixed in the patch now are getting locked immediately. Please create a new thread if you still have issues. This has two reasons: 
    • The bug might not the same as before and might have shifted 
    • The bug is considered solved by EA so it's best to have a fresh me too count to see how many people are still affected

Changes 

Not handling of certain issues

There are a few issues that I will not look at at all if they are reported (exceptions always apply)

• All kinds of Lags (Simulation Lag, Sims stand around doing nothing, Low FPS, Lagging gameplay, ..)
  • Family Tree
  • Other generic reports of several issues that basically describe a symptom but can have multiple underlying issues (for example Sims don't die). These pop up all the time and have since the game came out.
  • Threads reporting more than one bug. 
  • Buy/Build/texture/lighting issues: I tried handling those since BryonyRae left but I'm just too overwhelmed
  • Console: I'm not a console player so I don't know how to troubleshoot those

Dropping of Needs Input Tag

I'm dropping the Needs Input cause there were too many complaints about it. Instead issues with not enough weight will remain untagged

Mod List

It's still not allowed to link mods in here but CM have now allowed to have compiled list with mod links. If you know of any more bug fix mods, please find the appropriate bug report and post a description where to find the mod to that and tag me so I can find it and add to the list. Mods that raise the rating are still not allowed to be mentioned here and it's also not about listing every mod out there. The list is for specific mods fixing a bug or helping with an issue.

Discussion about the laundry list or bug fixing practices

If you want to discuss the laundry list or practices about bug fixes, please don't do this in the bug threads as it derails them. Use this dedicated thread instead: Laundry lists discussion; bug fixes and prioritization

Let me known this thread if you have any questions.

Please also read this thread for further info how the bug forum works:  [INFORMATION] How does this forum work ?

Since the bug template is still very wonky, please include the form below and include answers if you're not prompted for the template to fill out.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 138 (87,585 Views)

Re: Sims wont clean dishes or spoiled food

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict i dont really understand how the forum works.. i have a lot off bugs including this one and others i posted or pressed that i have them too if already been posted .. but do Ea know about this? my bigset problem i have is that comupters casues the game frezzes since eco life..
Message 2 of 138 (53,343 Views)

Re: Sims wont clean dishes or spoiled food

[ Edited ]
Hero

@OceanYam Did you read this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/td-p/7368632/ ?

Moving this over to the thread on questions about the bug forum itself.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 138 (53,313 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict The submit button doesn't work....
Message 4 of 138 (52,910 Views)

Hero
@cara2323 You need to fill out something in the comment field or it won't appear. If it still doesn't add some spaces.

Also make sure you set the language to english

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 138 (52,875 Views)

★ Apprentice

I cant report a bug because your bug report doesn't let me submit it!!!!!

Message 6 of 138 (52,411 Views)

Hero
@Nicova13 You need to fill out something in the comment field or it won't appear. If it still doesn't add some spaces.

Also make sure you set the language to english

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 138 (52,374 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Going to take a break from adding new bug reports.

There will be an EP Patch soon which is usually huge so I will refrain from adding more to the list (List Update to follow later today)

Will still merge or troubleshoot if applicable but please be patient. Will need to recharge a bit before the Patch/EP hits so I won't be around as much over the weekend.

You're of course welcome to continue reporting but I encourage everyone to re-test after the patch has hit.

Also backup your saves :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 138 (49,235 Views)

★★ Apprentice

What does need input and CD mean for a tag on my post? ☺️

Message 9 of 138 (49,212 Views)

Hero
@Nicoliia CD = Cats & Dogs and Needs Input just means that its a bug that currently has low me too count and to encourage others to post and me too if they see the same issue. I was def able to duplicate your issue.

There's some more detailed info here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/td-p/7368632/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 138 (49,205 Views)