Re: Vampire Sims with bat movement can't do laundry or clean up

by crinrict

Original Post

Highlighted

Hero
@TheBl4ckSh33p You need to fill something out in the comment field as well for the submit to appear. Also make sure AHQ language is set to english and not German.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 138 (4,412 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Just tried to post another bug but I can't submit. Even with text added after hitting preview there's only cancel and preview buttons. And cancel deletes everything I wrote. ☹️
Message 42 of 138 (4,388 Views)

Hero
@TheBl4ckSh33p Moving this over to the meta thread of the bug forum to keep the bug report clean.

Mobile seems to have many issue. I've never tried it.

If you have no access to a PC/Mac, post your report in Tech. c/p the form and fill in all the fields, then tag me there and say it's a bug report where you had issues filling out the template.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 138 (4,374 Views)

Posting in Bug Forum not working

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi. I filled out the form and hit preview. Then I get the finished post but only cancel and preview are shown, no submit button. When I add custom text before I preview it does not change anything. How can I post a bug on mobile without a submit button? 

Message 44 of 138 (4,377 Views)

Re: Posting in Bug Forum not working

@TheBl4ckSh33p  Are you adding text in the text field below the bug template as well?  Even a few spaces should do the trick, although it can take a few seconds for the Submit button to show up.

If that doesn't help, please make sure this site is set to English, at the top of the page.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 45 of 138 (4,374 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Yes, I tried to add some spaces and a dot. But I didn't get a submit button.

I'll try again and wait a while if it shows up. And I set the page to English already.
Message 46 of 138 (4,375 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@TheBl4ckSh33p It worked now without preview. I added more text below (x seems broken) and could submit. 😁
Message 47 of 138 (4,359 Views)

★★★ Guide

I just noticed you're missing the Nifty Knitting Stuff pack from your tags list here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445297/highlight/tru...

Message 48 of 138 (4,098 Views)

Hero
@wombatilim Thanks. Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 49 of 138 (4,087 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi everyone

summer vacation has started here and we soon get a new patch and a brand new EP. The topic seems to appeal to many and I fully expect a boat load of new bugs. 

The problem is: I currently don't have that much time and want to also experience the pack myself (don't want a repeat of the Eco pack that I never really played and still have issues to properly troubleshoot), so I need everyone's help.

1. Please check the compiled list + the first two pages if your issue was reported before making a new thread. If it was reported, me too the thread or bump it if you have extra info.
  2. Please use titles that reflect your actual issue, don't put: Sims 4 Bug or Cottage Living Bug.
  3. Give as much info as possible in your post. To my knowledge, there are no mind readers at Maxis or in this forum so what seems obvious to you, might not be for the people trying to test/fix bugs or help you.
  4. Always test the bug on a vanilla (no mods/no cc) save. Do not report bugs that you only see on a modded game. For best practice on this, see below.
  5. Make ONE thread per issue. Don't report multiple bugs in one post. 
  6. If you need troubleshooting help, it's best to post in the technical forum of your platform. There are a lot of knowledgeable people helping out there that can you help you. If it turn out to be a game bug, you can always create a new report in the bug forum later. Same goes for game issues. If you're unsure if it's a bug, discuss it with the folks over at the Sims forum or in General Discussion to see what their opinion is. If you agree it's a bug, report it here.
  7. There are a few issues that I can't really help with and that I generally mostly leave to others anyways. This will be done with no exception during this busy period. (refer to post #2 in this thread for more details: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445255#M181735)
  8. Help each other. AHQ is a player help player forum and at the end of the day, that's we're all doing here. 
  9. Try to edit your posts if you have something extra to add/typos to fix and no one has posted after you yet instead of bumping. Makes the thread easier to follow

As a reminder: EA Staff and the Sims team are normally monitoring this forum as they would everyday. The normal process from there side is not interrupted by me having less time. The only downside will be that there's less organization, less troubleshooting and bugs might not appear on the compiled list that fast. 

Best practice on testing bugs

First, this isn't something you are obligated to do (except remove your mods) as of course you're not a beta tester but a customer but it helps immensely if there's as much info as possible and bugs are tested on fresh saves. It also doesn't mean it's not a bug if it only occurs on existing saves but it helps narrow down the problem.

Below doesn't need to be done if you're posting in an established thread (meaning threads that are tagged as [OPEN], [NEEDS SAVES] or [WORKAROUND]). All that has already been done by others and mod conflicts have been ruled out.

Be also aware that mods CAN permanently break your saves even when mods are removed.

• If you are a mod user, please rename your user folder and let the game create a new one, then test the bug on a fresh save. 
  • Once you tested a fresh save, put back a copy of the save game and test just the save (still no mods). All CC will be removed so make sure to work with a backup.
  • Use common troubleshooting steps such as deleting cache files or repairing the game through Origin or Steam. For more information see this thread.
  • When posting, share your results on testing new save/existing save
  • Include information if you play rotationally and/or use occults.
  • Make sure to give the current game version number and either list all packs or all packs you don't own (whatever is shorter). This info is important. 

Thank you all for your reports in advance and hopefully there aren't as many bugs :D

The tag for Cottage Living will be CoL as CL is already taken by City Living (bad move EA, bad move)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 138 (3,955 Views)