Re: [PLEASE READ] Information/Questions about the bug forum

by crinrict

Original Post

Can't submit bug report

★★★ Newbie

I am trying to submit the bug report and I get taken to the following screenshot and there is no Submit button. If I press Preview nothing happens

Message 21 of 138 (4,800 Views)

Re: Can't submit bug report

Hero
@pointe315 You need to fill something in the comment field.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 138 (4,768 Views)

Hero

I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas. Mine was busier than expected so I'm piling up a huge backlog.

Please bear with me if I promised to check something for you, I hopefully don't forget anyone but at this point, I can't promise. 

Unfortunately I'll continue to be busy with RL till after Christmas but if I promised to look into your issue or you sent me a save but I don't get back to you until Jan 4th 2021, please drop me a PM.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 138 (4,703 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've adjusted the first post in here as well as the main How does this forum work post https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/td-p/7368632/jump-to/firs...

Changes 

Not handling of certain issues

There are a few issues that I will not look at at all if they are reported (exceptions always apply)

• All kinds of Lags (Simulation Lag, Sims stand around doing nothing, Low FPS, Lagging gameplay, ..)
  • Family Tree
  • Other generic reports of several issues that basically describe a symptom but can have multiple underlying issues (for example Sims don't die). These pop up all the time and have since the game came out.
  • Threads reporting more than one bug. 
  • Buy/Build/texture/lighting issues: I tried handling those since BryonyRae left but I'm just too overwhelmed
  • Console: I'm not a console player so I don't know how to troubleshoot those

Dropping of Needs Input Tag

I'm dropping the Needs Input cause there were too many complaints about it. Instead issues with not enough weight will remain untagged

Mod List

It's still not allowed to link mods in here but CM have now allowed to have compiled list with mod links.

If you know of any more bug fix mods, please find the appropriate bug report and post a description where to find the mod to that and tag me so I can find it and add to the list. Mods that raise the rating are still not allowed to be mentioned here and it's also not about listing every mod out there. The list is for specific mods fixing a bug or helping with an issue.

Let me known this thread if you have any questions.

Please also read this thread for further info how the bug forum works:  [INFORMATION] How does this forum work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 24 of 138 (4,442 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I don't know where to put my bug issue when I tried to contact EA, it doesn't let me submit one.

Anyway, there was a random update few days ago and I don't use any mods or cc. I play on Mac.

One of my sims are completely not showing on the screen when I go into the household to play and all my furnitures are missing just frame of house is shown.

I tried to move the household, but it has same issue wherever they move to.

Another thing is other household's lighting don't work. Existing lighting has stopped working and when I try to buy lighting, it does not shown on ceiling. 

I wonder if I am the only one with these issues.. and how could I solve it?

I attached the screenshot of my problems

Message 25 of 138 (4,403 Views)

★★★ Newbie

me too. there is no submit button, but it recommended me to come here instead...

Message 26 of 138 (4,401 Views)

Hero
@suziehan0604 You need to fill out all the info including the comment field.

See this for details: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445427#M172236

For the lights, repair your game. if you have further issues, it might even be best to post in the mac forum:

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 138 (4,395 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Nicova13 same.
Message 28 of 138 (4,362 Views)

Hero
@JerryLee001 Did you try all this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445427#M172236

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 138 (4,335 Views)

★★★ Newbie

but how do i fix the bug and report it to EA or Origin because I haven't been able to play the sims for about a month without it loading (the rainbow circle) forever and this is crazy they need to fix this.

Message 30 of 138 (3,745 Views)