What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? slenkhar
Are you playing in VR? Yes
Which VR Platform are you using? Oculus Rift
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Other
Please explain 'Other' All of it
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. n/a
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. n/a
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) since launch, no change
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Can play, but it's highly frustrating
What happens when the bug occurs? n/a
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a better VR optimisation for PC, this is subpar, and a poor job.
Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." n/a
What components were you using? n/a
Which customizations (if any) were you using? n/a

There is a problem with VR, beyond hardware, beyond settings.

SuperSampling being set to 0.80 (without being able to change it in game, having to go manual in the profilesetting file) is a dead giveaway the game has not been optimised properly for PC.

Please do some serious work on it, don't ignore it please.

This game is really good, it deserves a better optimisation of PC VR.

Message 1 of 51 (3,343 Views)

Re: PC VR performance is very poor, please optimise

★★★★★ Apprentice

Have the same thing using Valve Index

Have to drop all settings to low and supersampling to 50% to acheive a solid 90fps.

This is happening both in-game (flight, where you would reasonably expect higher requirements) and also in the menus (which should not be taxing)

Setting either graphics settings or supersampling higher leads to reprojection and ghosting.

Other similar games run at >100% supersampling and higher settings without issue.

Message 2 of 51 (3,313 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Excactly the same problem here. Have to set Low and 50% SS to play at 90hz. Using Vive Cosmos with RX5700XT and Ryzen 7 3700X

Message 3 of 51 (3,261 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Damn. SS to 50% must look atrocious, I'm already moaning from the 80%, I feel for you two. It looks much nicer at 100%, but then it starts to stutter/reproject/ghost even more than usual.

This game should run smooth at 100% SS with minimum requirements and low settings, that's not a big expectation.

Right now, it does not, the smoothest/cleanest I can get is SS at 90% and everything turned off/low except textures/TAA at high. That's the cleanest experience I can get, and it's way below what it should be able to handle, when compared to other games.

Message 4 of 51 (3,182 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yeah i usually supersample my games at 150%, but this game I have to drop it to 70% and turn down some settings to get it not to intermittently stutter.  Playing at 80 hz.  Feel like the game stutters once every 10 seconds when i play it at 100%

Message 5 of 51 (3,154 Views)

★★ Novice

EA designed this on a PC and think they can't manage SS=1? That is robbing us of our investment into PC tech!!!
Only an idiot would design a game and then
1. CAP the SS for VR because they haven't bought a current Headset which can handle it
2. CAP the game's FPS also to 60 just because but also announce it wasn't for balancing PSVR

GET A SLIDER ADDED IN-GAME.

WHILST AT IT MAKE THE CONTROLS MENU SHOW US OUR BINDS AS WE CLICK THEM (as in DCS) AND MAKE LESS MENU BUTTONS REQUIRED (BACK, EXIT, MENU can all be 1 bind!!!)

Message 6 of 51 (3,036 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@slenkhar Yup, it doesn't look great. It's not quite as bad as you'd think, but after you've seen what it should look like, it does feel like someone has smeared vasaline on the lens.

Tbf I can probably edge the SS a bit higher (definite stuttering around 70% so there's probably a sweet spot in the middle) but given the game still crashes SteamVR for me on exit it makes experimenting fairly tedious!
Message 7 of 51 (2,967 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The most disappointing thing is that if you try ultra settings, it doesn't even have a great feeling, it seems all fake with a cartoon background.

Please EA this is potentially a very good game for VR

Message 8 of 51 (2,929 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Usually I can max SS to 1,5 to 2.0 in all my other VR games, with settings between max and ultra, and keep my 90fps (oculus rift cv1). Here I can barely keep 45 fps at low settings with SS= 1.0. And the fact it can run at nuclear speed on monitor (several hundred fps) let me think the problem is really only VR related. With ohter games, when you reach more than 180/200 fps on monitor you can have a steady 90fps in headset with same settings. Here that isn't the case by far. Something weird and dirty for the VR mode for sure.

Please do something EA guys and girls!

Message 9 of 51 (2,800 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I can only think there is something seriously wrong with the game in PCVR mode considering it defaults me to Ultra everything for VR graphics when it detects my 1080ti and i7 8700k@5GHz (also 16GB PC3200 RAM and installed on an SSD). In actuality I must run all "Low" settings and only 70%SS with my Index to achieve a consistent frame rate at 90Hz with motion smoothing totally disabled. Something isn't right here. This is currently the worst performing game in my VR library, and I know I'm not alone. I've completely reloaded Windows10, reinstalled the latest drivers and applications, and no difference at all in how this game performs in VR. 2D settings are set to all Lowest, external monitor mirror view set to windowed and 1024x768, v-sync disabled. 

Message 10 of 51 (2,755 Views)