PC Random system wide latency issues that occur only in game

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD Ryzen 2600 MSI RX 580 8GB Asrock B450
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 (2x8)
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? hisss56
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. All parts of the map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Anything
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 30.07.19.00:41
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? System wide loss in connectivity (discord, apex legends, any other program online at the time) without any prompt. Seems to be triggered whenever the game is open. Also tends to trigger right after touching down and/or entering a fight with another squad (if landed without lag, the moment I start shooting or taking shots the latency, prediction, packet loss and congestion symbols appear) approximately in equal occurrences. About one in every 15 games or so eventually works fine, but goes right back. Happens in both normal and ranked mode but sometimes only affects one queue. Apex legends worked perfectly with no modifications to system settings months ago. Tabbing out causes the game to work perfectly and immediately all network connections and applications return to nominal function (viewed through task manager and holding alt tab preview shows the game running perfectly fine) but tabbing back into the game causes latency, prediction, packet loss and congestion to reappear. All testing occurred over a span of approximately 1.5 months.
What should be happening instead? The game should run smoothly with no connection issues in all situations. All system requirements exceed or meet recommended settings.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know how to reproduce this issue. I can't pinpoint where the issue is.

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD Ryzen 2600 RX 580 8GB Asrock B450
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB (2x8)
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? hisss56
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Dropship/Touching down in game anywhere on the map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. At any time
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 30.07.19.00:41
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? System wide loss in connectivity (discord, apex legends, any other program online at the time) without any prompt. Seems to be triggered whenever the game is open. Also tends to trigger right after touching down and/or entering a fight with another squad (if landed without lag, the moment I start shooting or taking shots the latency, prediction, packet loss and congestion symbols appear) approximately in equal occurences. About one in every 15 games or so eventually works fine, but goes right back. Happens in both normal and ranked mode but sometimes only affects one queue. Apex legends worked perfectly with no modifications to system settings months ago. Tabbing out causes the game to work perfectly and immediately all network connections and applications return to nominal function (viewed through task manager and holding alt tab preview shows the game running perfectly fine) but tabbing back into the game causes latency, prediction, packet loss and congestion to reappear. All testing occurred over a span of approximately 1.5 months.
What should be happening instead? The game should run smoothly with no connection issues in all situations. All system requirements exceed or meet recommended settings.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know how to reproduce this issue. I can't pinpoint where the issue is.

Message 1 of 2 (290 Views)

Re: PC Random system wide latency issues that occur only in game

Community Manager

@hisss56 

Very odd how it works fine after you alt-tab out. I took a quick look at your specs and it appears you could update to the latest build of Windows 10. Have you tried reinstalling the game or ran Origin as administrator to see if it's related to anti-virus?

Performing a clean boot can help determine if it's a third party program causing some of the latency issues.

Lastly, we have some connectivity steps below that are worth taking a glance at. They help clear up most general connectivity issues before needing to dive into more advanced troubleshooting.

Basic Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 2 (248 Views)